Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The sun was shining this morning so I did a load of wash.  By the time I was across the street hanging it on the line, the overcast skies looked pretty dismal.  I hung it all up anyway and the sun has been out again for most of the morning.  Just another hour or so will do it.

I just took a batch of blueberry muffins out of the oven.  The cookbook said each muffin was 195 calories, but then I noticed that the recipe was for 12 muffins.  I used a large muffin tin which yields 6 large muffins, and the calorie count would be double!  I don't worry about it now, but realize the day will come when I'll have to get back to a a few less calories a day.  I don't think it will be difficult to do that and I'll feel a lot better when I eat a little less.

The next 2 days are predicted to be rainy and I won't complain, but the the warm sunny days in the 70's have been so wonderful.

My surgery is scheduled for 2 wks from today, and it can't get here soon enough.  I'm starting to notice a few little pains here and there that are probably related to the hernia, although it's possible that my imagination is working overtime.

The mudslide in Washington is turning out to be horrific - there are now 176 persons unaccounted for.  Between the mudslide and the still unsolved airplane disappearance the news is pretty grim. 

Jeannie has arranged a visit to Straw Hat Pizza this Saturday evening.  I will enjoy the meal and of course, the draft beer.  I am in the mood for a couple of mugs of beer - on St. Pat's day I only drank two bottles of non-alcoholic beer.  On the one hand I think about having a beer quite often, and on the other I simply don't want it. 

I just ate one of the blueberry muffins and it was the best I've ever made.  I'll be snacking on another one or two of them today, and probably have the remainder tomorrow.  

I have the TV on and they keep running a commercial that says "If you are current on your mortgage payment, you deserve thanks."  I have never heard of anything so stupid in my life - anyone who is current on their mortgage is only doing what is right.  I'm not saying that a whole lot of people who are behind on their payments don't have a good reason, but "thanks" for paying on time?  Ridiculous!  I guess I should quit on that note - quit watching TV and quit blogging for today!

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Gypsy! Once again your upbeat attitude helps raise my spirits. Hope you have a great time with the pizza and beer. The only live TV we watch is the evening news. Even at that, we look at each other and wonder about the audiences that the commercials are made to reach. They often seem to be insulting our intelligence. Our escape is to record the few shows we watch so we can fast forward through commercials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry muffins work for me...I'll be right over:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure would love one of those muffins. Trying to stay away from carbs. And thinks with to many fats in them.

    I don't think we have Straw Hat Pizza here anymore. Have a slice for me. Don't need to drink a beer for me since I don't like beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to have found you! We moved from CA, to Oregon on Christmas Day. We have settled and I have a new blog going. I was not sure of your blog name so I had to do a little research. I found you through Emma's blog.. I will be happy to keep up..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Few things better than air dried laundry. Love the smell of my pillowcase when I lay down my head. Glad to hear the surgery is scheduled. You'll be in great shape after that and off to see the world. I found the perfect backpacking site for you today. 2.5 mile hike to the deserted end of St. George Island off the coast of Florida. Will post pictures "eventually" LOL

    ReplyDelete