Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, September 1, 2018

The mind of a smart dog!

I took Rocky out but he didn't want to be in the heat any longer than it took him to pee.  We came back inside and of course, he posed like a good dog for his treat.

He started barking about 10 minutes later and I worried that he might have to go back out and if I didn't take him I would end up having to clean up after him.  So we went out, he walked the length of the short driveway and then came back up the steps to the door.  I brought him in and again he went  to the cabinet where I keep his treats, and went into his good dog pose.  What a trick he's learned, but fortunately I didn't fall for it.  Good try Rocky.

I hate to see the hot weather come back.   I looked at  expected temps through the end of November and I am cheered by the thought that it will be in the mid-high 50's or lower 60's by that time. 

Jeannie & Donald went to Costco last night while the girls stayed with me, and they picked up a few essentials for me while they were there, including a gallon of vanilla ice cream.    It is the creamiest and most tasty vanilla I have ever had, and I don't ever put anything on it because I love the pure flavor of the ice cream!

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend, wherever you are. 

11 comments:

  1. He is a little smarty pants. Didn't take him long to figure out that treat thing. Too funny. Our Rocky really suffers in the heat or the cold. So he wears a sweater in the morning when its chilly and then in the afternoon he wants to be in the air conditioning. Skittlez lays in front of the heat vent every morning. I bet your Rocky will be much happier with the cooler temps. Being a black dog might have something to do with it. Vanilla is the best flavor in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd think he would enjoy being out in the cool mornings, but I guess there is nothing to spark his interest outdoors except finding and chewing on rocks. They are all over this place and I'm forever having to pry open his mount, avoiding the sharp little puppy teeth, and remove a rock!

      Delete
  2. Pretty soon he’ll have you well trained...he thinks! Butyou fooled him! 👍🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't rest on my laurels though - he is almost a step ahead of me. Sometimes he's so easy to please - I usually put paper towel and toilet paper rolls in recycling, but he has fun for hours chewing them to pieces. I'm probably not teaching him a good lesson!

      Delete
  3. Please watch out for the rocks. If he swallows one it will be a big vet bill. My girls also figured out about the treats after going outside real quick. Hope to see some photos of Rocky real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do worry about the rocks and several times a day I have to stick my hand inside those sharp teeth to pull out a rock. He just won't leave them alone, but I'm always as carefl as I can be. I want to post some photos of Rocky, but I can't get to my pictures with the latest update on my computer. I know they are there and available, but I sure can't find them. I will have Jeannie take some new ones of him and email them to me; then I can post them. It's hard to take a good photo though, because he is really black!

      Delete
  4. The treat thing is a quick learn ahaha But that just goes to show you he will learn fast Lab's are very smart dogs. My dad's knew so many commands he was so funny and so ready to please my dad. Keep plugging away with him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is a quick learner for things he wants to learn - some things he acts like he's never heard of in his life! Puppies can be so much like little kids it's just amazing.

      Delete
  5. Try looking in your DOWNLOADS folder for items that seem to have hidden from you. More than once this has been a solution for something that had stymied me.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually look there but maybe I'm missing it for some reason. I hate it when they "fix" and "update" something on the computer that works perfectly as it is.

      Delete