Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Moving along!

I don't know where the days are going so fast.  Time speeds up as you get older for some reason.

Jeannie took Rocky and me home with her after work last night and I visited with her and fam. for a while.  We sat out by the pool and I was really tempted to throw Rocky into it to see how his Lab skills are coming along, but I guess that wouldn't be fair to him now, but I'll do it one of these days.  He kept trying to reach down and drink the water, and Jeannie held him over it and dipped his feet into it. 

I will be so glad when his classes start as his manners need some improvement.  

When I got up this morning I couldn't get my computer going, although it had been on the charge all night and was warm to the touch.  To make matters worse, my phone was critically low on charge, and my Nook was totally discharged.  I haven't ever figured out how to send a msg on the Nook, although I have gmail on it and I get my books via wi-fi.  So I was pretty isolated until I was able to call Jeannie, who got in touch with Donald, who then came by, opened up my computer and voila!  It came on!  I don't know what kind of magic he used, but I was sure happy to see that it hadn't give up the ghost yet.

I know we are still in summer here, but Jeannie was mentioning a place on the way up to Lake Tahoe that has a special for New Year's Eve.  I haven't celebrated that holiday for years and I think I'll go.  It is a beautiful area near Donner's Summit, which is where the ill-fated Donner party was trapped during a severe winter and few survived.  If we go as planned I sure hope there is snow on the ground so I can introduce Rocky to it.  I can't remember the type of accommodations but I think they are rooms and suites (rather than cabins), and they are pet friendly.  It is so hot now and seems crazy to talk about snow and New Year's Eve, but I think I will enjoy it and know Rocky will love it.  I remember when Smoky was a baby back in Virginia during a huge snowfall at Christmas time - none of the kids could get back to their homes because of the weather, and we had a wonderful day or two playing with the tiny black lab pup in the snow.  I'm sure Rocky will be just as excited.

It's refreshing today - we're having 3 days in the 70's and the sky is a bit overcast.  I love thinking about colder weather ahead.
 

8 comments:

  1. Keeping up with your pup helps pass the time rapidly also. You don't have time to sit down and rest very often. After a long hot summer, I look forward to cooler weather but not snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken him out for 3 fairly long (for me) walks today. I thought it was later and was looking forward to him going to sleep, but see that it's only 5:15. It's been overcast most of the day and looks like it will be dark soon. At least I'm getting some exercise too.

      Delete
  2. We are currently in Georgia and it is just as hot as FL. I think I could actually enjoy some snow again....briefly:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are outta there before Florence comes anywhere near, Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. Seems we both had computer problems today. Mine would turn back on and I lost my internet service again they really stink but that's what you get from cheap. It took me about 10 min. to finally get the computer to stay off. Creepy stuff.

    I'm more than ready for some nice cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need a new computer, but if I bought one I probably wouldn't recognize anything on it. They keep changing, and I wouldn't mind if the changes made it run better, but I can't stand it when they change the look and feel of everything, and move things around to different places on the keyboard and other ways to make you feel like a dumb idiot because you can't figure out where everything is.

      Delete
  4. Donald is a keeper! Glad you have someone to help you with your computer issues.

    The New Year's trip sounds wonderful, I too am tired of this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Donald is great! And after years of being almost a recluse, I think I'll enjoy getting out and celebrating a holiday somewhere fun. Trouble is that I will have trouble staying up until midnight and will wonder why I even came!

      Delete