Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

If st first you don't succeed ... (UPDATE)

Try, try, again, and that is what I'm going to do.  I'm referring to my grocery order for delivery to my house that didn't go through the last time.  I was so irritated I swore I wouldn't ever try again, but when I looked at the order I saw that it was my fault for not completing the credit card info.  I had intended to pay cash but I can certainly understand why they would rather not have the worry of delivery people carrying cash.  So I thought about it and decided I would try again and do it right this time.  By now I had changed my mind on a couple of items and finally figured out how to remove them.  Not really difficult but you have to hit the right buttons!

My order is set to be delivered between 2 and 2:30 pm, so I'll let you know how it turns out.  Most of the items are produce or dairy, so the freshness of the produce will be the key to my ordering again.  I'll have to say that Bel Air/Raley's always has beautiful produce so I should be happy.   I have to keep in mind to "never say never"!

Rocky has mostly been an angel this morning.  I nearly missed my breakfast because he was sleeping in my lap and I just couldn't move him.  He follows me everywhere, so when I went into the bedroom to get dressed he immediately went to the laundry basket.  He loves to grab the socks and carry them around.  I normally keep the bedroom door closed or he'd have dirty socks all over the place.

I am going to go fry up a package of bacon that I need to do something with.  I'll fry it all and save the slices in the fridge for future use.  I like having the bacon grease to fry eggs in, and have been out of it for a while.  Those of you who seriously watch their cholesterol are probably cringing, but there are different "expert" opinons on everything including the use of natural fats.  My cardiologist hasn't told me to quit using them and I don't have them often, so as long as I'm feeling good I will follow the adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Have a great day, and I will try to post an update on the grocery delivery.

A little added note:  Rocky is out of his mind smelling the bacon.  I caught him up at the countertop where he could reach part of the package and was licking it.  The package not the bacon!  Will life ever be simple again? 

UPDATE:  My order came, on time,  and is just perfect.  The produce is absolutely perfect, and I shouldn't be surprised because all their produce is excellent.  I bought everything organic, including bananas.  I recommend trying home delivery if it's available to you nearby, and especially if you have difficulty getting out to do your own shopping.  I will definitely shop this way when I have no other way to get there.   So I will have to admit that it is a very convenient way to get your groceries, especially if you have difficulties getting to the store or walking around the aisles.

9 comments:

  1. Bacon is a perfectly good food in my opinion. You just can't eat four or five slices a day! The obsession these days with cholesterol will probably continue to fade as time goes on. I worked for a world-renowned endocrinologist for many years, and his take on it was "If you have a cholesterol problem, it isn't from the food you eat, it is inherent in your make up." Thus his take on it was different from what was current in the "health literature" of the day.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I think, and I am so glad my cardiologist is open minded as well. By the way I am so soft I couldn't resist giving the little bacon pieces at the end of the strip to Rocky. They are so small and it would take two or three to even make a good bite for a person. He sure loved it!

      Delete
  2. We love bacon at our house. All four of us. So glad your order turned out. Good to know. You really need to watch what you put on the cupboard. Ours can't reach anything but our beagle once ate a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies that were on wax paper on the counter. She used her paw to pull the paper over to the edge and drop the cookies on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking a lot about that lately when I see Rocky with his paws on the countertop. I'd be pretty ticked off at the dog who ate my chocolate chip cookies!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Someone told me once that a good way to teach puppies not to jump on the counter is to put scotch tape on it for awhile - rolled into long donut shapes so it is sticky on both sides. Then if they jump up they feel the sticky tape, don't like it, and after a couple times stop doing it. Though I imagine now that Rocky has tasted bacon, nothing will stop him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea, although you're right that he's now developed a love for bacon. There isn't much in the way of food that a lab doesn't love.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the food delivery worked out pretty good and you are happy with what they brought. I have 2 grocery stores near me and they both deliver. I really should have tried it last week when I was so sick, but oh no I just had to drag myself to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nurse practitioner told me to throw out my bacon grease because of my high cholesterol levels. Like yourself I only use it to cook eggs and not that often. I quit using it...but I did NOT throw it out :)

    I am glad you had a positive experience with the food delivery service of your local store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throw out bacon grease!!! My grandmother used lard in her biscuits, pies, and many other things. I haven't made them for years, but I've made tamales using lard. I only use the bacon grease to fry eggs, and it's not like I use a whole lot - just enough so the eggs don't stick to the cast iron skillet. Some doctors go too far in what they tell you to cut out. My oldest son's in-laws were told to cut all salt out of their diet and they don't ever use a pinch of it. They are Portuguese and I love their cooking, but I have to douse it liberally with salt. My cardiologist told me to drink a small can of V-8 juice every day because I need the salt! I quit because I really don't like V-8, so I use a little more salt on my eggs. Doctors & nurse practitioners get some weird ideas now and then. My cholesterol used to be high but it has been low-normal for the past few years. I wonder if it is because I rarely eat out and mostly avoid packaged and prepared foods that have a lot of salt.

      Delete