Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 17, 2018

Beautiful Night Skies!

I got up in the middle of the night and what I saw out of the bedroom window was a wonderful surprise.  It was the constellation Orion in all its glory!  I often see the 3 stars in Orion's belt at certain times of the year, but after months of not viewing much of anything in the night sky, last night was a real treat.  Also there was a separate group of stars at two opposite points outside the Orion cluster.  If anyone saw this and can tell me what all I was looking at I would be grateful.

My son, Joe, took me to get the stitches out this morning, and everything went ok without a hitch.  I'm glad that is over with, and I need to do a tour of my house to see how I can keep pathways clear.  I try to do that because when I get up with Rocky in the middle of the night, I carry him out rather than let him walk, and he is getting heavier by the week.  I also try to not turn any lights on until I get to the outside light at the back door.  So having a clear pathway is critical.  There is enough lighting from street lamps, neighbors' outdoor lights, etc., so that I am able to see enough to grope my way.   Now that the days are getting shorter I have a lot more darkness to contend with.  (I carry him rather than let him walk because I don't want him to get distracted.  I hope he won't have to go out in the middle of the night for much longer.)

Joe drove me to Bel Air after the doc visit  because I had mentioned that I wanted to make some pie crust to see if I had lost my touch.  I always made extra crust dough when making pies so that I could put butter, sugar & cinnamon on small pieces and bake them to snack on.  The kids always loved them and I wanted to make a special treat to thank them for all they do for me.  Once he heard what I needed he drove straight to Bel Air!  Now I guess I have to get busy, and I know Rocky will drive me crazy when he gets a whiff.  He is so funny now - he watches for when I put my coffee cup down because he figures it has whipped cream in it.

I'm really hoping for a successful first puppy class this evening.  Life will be so much better when Rocky gets some manners and doesn't jump up on people.  I have to be patient - he is so far advanced from just a couple of weeks ago, and I think he is learning fast. 

There was something else I wanted to write about but my mind fails me just now.

6 comments:

  1. Mind failure. Hmmmmm I can't remember what that is. Was I just thinking of something? I don't know. Oh yeah, this is the story of my life now days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all of my life, I have spent time looking uo at the night sky and wonder at it: My years in training as a ship's navigation officer was less enjoyable only because I had to come up with the ships position:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at the night sky for years and am still in awe of it. The most wonderful experience is seeing the Milky Way but you sure have to be away from the cities to see it.

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to get your stiches out without a problem.

    All I know is when I see Orion's belt in the sky...it's getting close to Chili Cook-off time!

    I battle CRS daily :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to be rid of those stitches. Now I wish the knot on my head would go away;

      Delete