Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Still over a hot stove!

As cold as it is I wish the stove was hotter!  Today I did a chicken/potato dish.  Next Monday my son Joe will come by in the afternoon and help me make Shepherd's Pie.  He always loved it when I made it in the old days, and I hope I can match the flavor from back then.   He will pick up his two little girls when they get off school and bring them by - I haven't seen them in weeks so I look forward to it.

I've been craving something sweet and just remembered I bought ice cream at the grocery today.  Perfect timing!

Probably one of the best things about staying home and out of the crowds is the fact that I spend less money.  Not that it is a big amount, but I was surprised at how much I had left over at the end of the month.  Of course this month has only 28 days, but I hope I can do the same with the 31-day month coming up.

OK - it's ice cream time now.  I'll be back in a day or two.  

2 comments:

  1. I have always wondered what a Shepherd's pie tasted like. I have been craving ice cream for a while now, hope you enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually made with ground beef (or lamb), vegetables such as diced onion, carrots, peas, or whatever you want to put into it, plus seasonings.. It is held together with a brown sauce and topped with a thick layer of mashed potatoes, then browned in the oven. I made it a lot when my kids were in their teens. I made a lot of everything when they were in their teens! The ice cream is good but I only eat a small amount at a time. For some reason it gives me indigestion.

      Delete