Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 26, 2018

Cooking!

I told my daughter the day after my final treatment that I was ready to rejoin life and felt like cooking again.   Most of the past year I haven't felt like cooking any dinners, and have been eating prepared foods mostly from Costco.  I hope I'm finished with being listless and incompetent, and I have a casserole in the oven right now that smells delicious.  This is a pork sausage and potato bake, and I also bought chicken & ground beef at the grocery so I will have to decide how I want to cook them.    I'll take the easy way out for now, and just throw things together.  I've been watching some Youtube videos to get some ideas and realize I can put together my own recipes as I have always done.  And nothing complicated about it!  I keep adding to my grocery list as I haven't really bought foods and spices to make a complete meal or casserole for a long time.  

I just took the casserole dish out of the oven and hope I didn't go overboard with quantity!  I enjoy leftovers so I think I'll be ok.

It started out raining heavily this morning so I scratched the idea of doing laundry.  Now it's stopped for a while and I should just go ahead and see if I can wash a load and get it dried across the street before the rain starts falling again.  Tomorrow should be sunny so I might just wait.  

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that I was able to throw things together and actually prepare a meal.  It's been a long time coming!  Now I'm going to sample it.
 

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your tone of enjoyment in your blog today. Continue to prayer that each day you will be feeling stronger. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is such an abrupt change in how I feel, and I just hope it lasts.

      Delete
  2. If I lived closer I would come right over and finish off all those left overs. Eating is my favorite hobby any more. Of course you can have another meal using the left overs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've eaten exactly half of it and will polish the rest off tomorrow. It wasn't my best cooking effort, but I've been out of the game for a while. C'mon over for dinner in 2 or 3 days and I'll promise you a good meal!

      Delete
  3. You sound so upbeat today!

    Enjoy your casserole dish, bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope the upbeat mood lasts. The casserole was a bit disappointing, but then I haven't cooked much of anything in a year or so. Also, I didn't have the seasonings on hand that I would normally use. A lot of excuses, huh? I'll do better on the next try!

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear your cooking desire has returned. I think mine is gone forever or what's left of my forever. I like to cook a big casserole once and then eat it for days and not have to cook again. It worked great when David was in the hospital. I think I only cooked twice in 10 days but now that he's back eating, he eats up everything and I have to cook every day. UGGG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I always enjoyed cooking until I lived by myself and then the incentive was gone. I love to eat, so I need to get back to cooking. I finished off the casserole this afternoon - that was a LOT of food! I'm feeling a lot better day by day so that gives me hope that I can get back to fixing meals again.

      Delete