Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 1, 2018

In Like a Lion!

I guess that means March will eventually go "out like a lamb".  The wind and rain today have really been annoying, especially the wind.  I believe the rain will continue for a few more days, but the wind won't be as bad.   I'm not crazy about this weather but much prefer it to the hot dry weather that is sure to come.I haven't even bothered to get dressed yet because I sure don't plan to go anywhere today.  

It looks like the eastern part of the U.S. is having (or will have) some severe weather.  Let's hope we all stay safe, as well as those in Europe, especially the U.K.   Not having TV I have to read the reports from around the world, and I don't get to them as often as if I watched TV weather news. 

The sun has popped out for a short while and it is a welcome sight.  I hope you all are having a good day, and I'll be back in a day or two.

 

10 comments:

  1. I live in Buckeye AZ and its been mostly warm this winter until this last week and its been cool. I am down with a Cold I got from my 3 year old Grandson. He is much better but I am still not feeling well. I guess that's the difference of a 3 year old and a 68 year old. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better soon. Catching a cold when you are past 65 is so much harder than a younger person. I didn't think Arizona would get very cool, but our central CA weather is running much colder this year than it has for a long time. Stay warm and away from crowds if you can. I'm still hanging in there and getting pretty tired of being alone, but so far I've stayed relatively healthy.

      Delete
  2. We had strong winds this morning, I could not help but think of Barney at the campground in Del Rio and his Castle shaking. I have been following the weather channel and wintern storm Riley as it threatens millions on the eastern part of the U.S. I do not think I could ever live where it is cold, or where it snows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think I'd like to spend a real winter for a change, but it would probably get old fast. The weather channel is usually wrong but I check it out anyway. Online they will give you a 15 day forecast which is interesting to follow and see how accurate it is.

      Delete
  3. Unless you actually believe the proverb that March comes in one way and goes out the other, all you can do is to keep track of how March comes in and goes out. I haven't done well at that, but what I recall says the proverb isn't very true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of the proverbs that you hear are not likely to be accurate. When we hear them over and over from childhood, they seem to stick in our minds.

      Delete
  4. Nice sunny day here in East Texas,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and rub it in, haha! We started out sunny but the rain is now falling. My crop of grass & weeds is really growing and I wonder if they could some day poke through the walls of my house!

      Delete
  5. Really windy today in the mid Atlantic. They shut down the Federal Government which was a shock to me. Wonder who makes that decision? I've never heard of it being shut down due to wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked most of my career with the Federal govt., and don't even remember it shutting down for any reason. You might have to stay home because of snow or whatever, but they always had a cadre of folks who came in and worked. As long as public transportation was running most people went to work. Today there are way more cars on the road, mostly carrying one person.

      Delete