Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 2, 2018

First treatment over with

I've successfully gone through my first treatment; they add Benadryl to the IV so I spent most of the time with my eyes shut.  I didn't think I slept, but just kept my eyes closed, but Jeannie swears I slept off and on.

I can say I received excellent treatment from all the medical personnel and the only thing that hurt was getting the IV into a vein a couple of inches above my wrist.  That went away soon though, and I can say that although it was time-consuming, there really wasn't much discomfort.  
One down and 3 to go!  I'm told I will be wide awake this evening which is a side effect of the meds.  Bad news is I shouldn't drink beer for the duration of the treatments.  Of course telling me I shouldn't makes me really want one.  I forgot to ask if a non-alcoholic beer would be ok and I'll be sure to ask next week.

I am glad to get the first treatment over with and have no worries about subsequent ones.  

10 comments:

  1. Good news. Glad to hear it went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm so glad it went off without a hitch!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that all went well. Carry on!!! And keep smiling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm supposed to be wide awake all evening as a result of the meds, but I think I'm going to go take a nap. I can't get the smile off my face!

      Delete
  3. See, not bad at all. Steroids they give you will keep you awake for sure. What kinds of side effects does this treatment have? Anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't actually tell me that I would have any side effects although they always have a paper on what to do if you experience certain side effects: shortness of breath, chest pains, etc. Some guys take steroids to expand their chest muscles: I wouldn't mind expanding a little.

      Delete
  4. Getting over the first hurdle will make the others easier, at least I hope they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't anticipate having any trouble with it at all.

      Delete
  5. This is wonderful news Marty. So glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you will be able to handle this with out a problem:)

    ReplyDelete