Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Treatments with few side effects

So far I've been very fortunate to not suffer side effects from the two treatments I've had.  I notice something different, and about the time I can nearly put it into words, it's gone!  So a twinge here and there is ok with me, and I'm not even sure whether the twinge has anything to do with my treatment.

My sleep patterns were disrupted last night but I just decided to go with whatever.  I slept for a while and then got up for about two hours in the middle of the night.

I'm going to make a trip to Costco with Jeannie & Donald this afternoon, and really look forward to getting out.  I tried on one of the face masks I bought and laughed so hard I could barely stop.  For one thing my glasses hit the mask at the wrong spot; for another, the mask is cone shaped and looks absolutely ridiculous!  I'm going to give the rest of them to my grandkids to play with.  Maybe I can find the type that the medical people wear rather than the "blue bullet" type I bought!   It looks like a bird's beak the way it is pointy and sticks out from the mask.  You'd think that at my age I wouldn't worry that I look like a blue parrot in that thing, but  I hope I always care what I look like.

I need to go to the gym one of these days soon.  I need to keep fit and I sit way too much of the time.

Have a great weekend, wherever you are.  

 

10 comments:

  1. About two nights a week I wake for an hour for no reason then get sleepy and go back to bed. Usually I just piddle with the computer until sleepy time arrives again. It does not seem to cause any trouble for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get 6 or 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep during the night, although I know it's never going to happen.

      Delete
  2. How about a picture of the "blue parrot"???
    Glad the treatments agree with you.hope the rest of them will too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can get one of my granddaughters to pose as the blue parrot. Maybe I'll post some photos of it tomorrow and we can all get a good laugh. I sure won't go out in public in one of those things!

      Delete
  3. How I envy all those people that can sleep :-(

    I am glad you are going to get a chance to go to Costco and get out and about. On one of your prior posts one of your readers suggested dressing up a face mask. I am not much of an artist and I tried to draw some red lips and I looked ridiculous, so just went with one without my handy work, jajajajaja :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just not in my personality to do something like that, although I would laugh out loud if I saw someone who did. I never like to call attention to myself although I can act silly with my grandkids. I'm going to suggest to my granddaughters that they each decorate a mask.

      Delete
  4. What you want for face masks are the N-95 type.

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-N95-Particulate-Respirator-Mask-8200XC1-C/202080141

    However, if you wear glasses, you will fog them up with your breath. You need to pinch the metal band across the nose to get a tighter seal. But there will still be fogging issues. The best masks I found while working in the burr shop were the ones that had a button in the middle and were filled with charcoal. Basically they were more of a respirator than a mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided I won't wear a face mask so there's no sense in me chasing around one that fits with wearing glasses, etc. I don't go out very often and I'm not going to get stressed about it. I think my granddaughters will get a kick out of drawing faces on them, so I haven't totally wasted the money.

      Delete
  5. I have a box of face masks (the kind Judy mentioned) that I keep just in case. But so far we haven't ever used them. No side effects is such a great deal. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would ever want to wear a face mask of any kind, and just hope I remain well. I don't go where there are crowds so I am hopeful.

      Delete