Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I think I overdid it!

I just intended to do a load of laundry but one load turned into at least four.  I have a washer here at home but have to carry the wet laundry across the street to the dryer.  I'm plumb worn to a frazzle (as my mother would say).  I don't even want to count the number of trips back and forth across the street carrying a laundry basket on most trips.  But I have everything put away for now.

The dog park is closed for a week, and it looks so nice.  I can see problems though - they placed the big round table and chairs on a paved area specifically for it, but what they don't realize is that as the sun moves, especially in the hot summertime, the table and chairs will be moved as well, and there goes the "place for everything and everything in its place".   It is a great effort to beautify an ungly small space that really isn't perfect for anything, but it doesn't leave much room for the 10 or so dogs that gather here each day.  It will be closed for the rest of the week so that everything can settle, but grass isn't going to grow that fast in the big patches of dirt.  In the heat, dogs love to dig down into the cool dirt.

Some group with a lot of  say-so really wants this area to be a dog park, and you can bet they themselves don't live anywhere near it.   It's been a total eyesore and a nuisance since it was created.  I would so love to move out of here, but will wait and see what the economy does during the year.

I'm coming up on my 3rd treatment and look forward to the end of it in two weeks.  I sure hope everything is going well because I'm sure not amenable to trying anything else.  I have few side effects but they are weird ones at that, and I think this whole process makes me grumpier!  My daughter would probably agree.

I started my day out by walking a mile around the Park after breakfast, and haven't really stopped since.  Sitting is becoming more and more uncomfortable so I decided I need to move around more.    What I need now is a big bowl of ice cream, but I've really been trying to avoid the ice cream freezer section when shopping.  I could convince myself that I deserve it but don't feel like going anywhere to get it.  If only that was the worst problem in my life!

Have a good day.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent to start your day walking. I try to do that every day too. At this point it is so hot in Florida if you don't get out before 10am, it's way too hot to go walking. Boy does a big bowl of ice cream sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After overdoing the activity yesterday, I haven't even opened the door today! Tomorrow is another treatment, so I may walk on Saturday. I really need to get back in the habit.

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you for getting the laundry done, I really need to tackle ours.

    Good luck with your treatment tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I let it go as long as I did. I was suffering last night from carrying the baskets across to the laundry room and back. I'm ok today and ready for my treatment tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete