Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A better day

Today has been much better for me.  I guess I can expect a day like yesterday, but I'm glad it is the exception and not the rule.

I even did a load of laundry today and walked it over to use the dryer.  I took the following two pictures of the "dog park", such as it is.  It is becoming laughable - they are paving a walkway down through the middle of the small space.  The constant doggie travel has worn away all the grass and their owners get their feet muddy when it rains.  I would have taken more photos from different angles, but the workers are busy and  doing a good job and I  didn't want to distract them.  I might get a photo from a different perspective when they are finished.

You can see that stone walls were built around the trees to protect them, but it provides a place for the dog owners to sit (rather than on the acrylic chairs provided); the dogs like to jump up into the circle around the trees, which by the way, have nice plants in them.  Why the Park is catering to people who do not care what their pets are doing, or care that they bark constantly, etc., is beyond me.  I can't believe it that 8 or 10 (sometimes more) people will sit and talk to each other while their dogs are barking at everything that goes by, and they have obviously shut the animals out of their minds.




Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I can tell you that the photos don't show how crowded everything is in this small "v-shaped" area that comes to a point at one end.  They didn't have any business putting a dog park in such a small space and so close to houses.

Gripe session over!  I am so happy to get the energy to do a load of laundry today, and even walked two blocks up to the Mgr's office to buy quarters for the dryer!


 

5 comments:

  1. I don't get all the catering to dog owners either. It is amazing the businesses catering to them. Doggie day care. Doggie spas. Sheeesh! What made this get so extreme these past few years. Dogs used to be just pets, not children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now the airlines are allowing about any kind of animal to board with a person who says they need the comfort. I always had big dogs who don't need a lot of pampering, just a lot of love.

      Delete
  2. I am surprised that with the dog park you still get visits from feral cats. There is nothing worst than irresponsible pet owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bring the dogs on leashes and then untie them once they are inside the gate, so they can't get to the cats. The squirrels are enough to drive the dogs crazy and it's funny to watch. I don't like squirrels, but they are so intelligent and fun to watch. I think the dog owners should be aware of the barking their pets are constantly doing, and see what they can do to quiet them, but they are too busy gossiping among themselves. I haven't seen a cat lately so I hope they have found someplace else to hang out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete