Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

When hearing that some of y'all are in the 20's I feel a little guilty to be sitting in a balmy 48!  We will be in the 60's for the next 10 days, and I can deal with it but I have to dress warm.  It was terribly foggy in the Sacramento Valley last night, which caused a terrible car crash (I think it was in Stockton).   The forecasters said that visibility was zero.  I've driven in that kind of fog and couldn't believe how fast cars drove around me, and it's a wonder there aren't more fatal crashes.

I went out and pulled some weeds from the side yard today until my hands became numb.  I'm going to resort to Round-Up one of these days, and even then the weeds just grow back.  I have also tried a mixture of salt and vinegar, which you would think would kill the weeds but it only stops them for a few days and then new ones pop up.  I'm tired of this place, the weeds, the threat of the weed police, the wind which blows dust and leaves constantly and  directly at my house and driveway, as well as a few other things.

Several readers have written to ask me about the elliptical I ordered.  Here is a link to it, and I think there is a little video which is the same as the QVC program that made me buy it in the first place.


 
 
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of the elliptical and hope it works for my purposes in buying it.  I also should be getting two books in the mail any day now - "The Best in Tent Camping - Montana", and "The Best ... Pennsylvania".  I have about 6 other books in this series and they are nice for traveling.   I get a lot of use out of the book for Northern California, and have not yet used the one for Oregon.  I buy used copies, usually at about $1, and the S/H brings the total up to $4 or $5.   Although the titles suggest that you can find a lot of campsites for tents, the reality is that the RV's usually have them filled except if you go in an off season, and definitely not on weekends.  
 
I've usually found that the RV's don't bother my camping experience until last summer, when a neighboring RVer set up light poles that flickered off and on throughout the night, and the horrible motion detector that blinded me as I walked to the bathroom.   Uncalled for in a campground, if you ask me.  These are no doubt folks who don't travel/live in their rigs but just use them for occasional outings and maybe vacations, so they don't know anything about etiquette.

The weed pulling wore me out.  Maybe I should try sorting and throwing out some of the junk I haven't gotten around to dealing with.

The sky in the west looked so beautiful last night I had to take a couple of photos of it.  I waited too long to get a good sunset picture, and the reds in the sky don't show up as well as I hoped.  (Click on a picture to enlarge it.)



6 comments:

  1. True, I also can not complain about the temperatures as others have it much worst than me. For some reason we have been having a lot of morning fog, something uncommon for this area.

    Pretty sunset pictures. In your area do they a Half-Off Bookstore? Picked up a lot of treasures there at a reasonable price when I lived in Houston.

    I can understand about the weed pulling...it is not a pleasant task. At Billy Bob's suggestion a couple of years ago i tried lots of salt and also resorted to burning them but they always come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Pennsylvania half my life and did a lot of camping. The family even owned a camp at the end of one lane private rustic road. Of course, it was named "Trails' End". I have lots of precious memories from that camp. If you have any questions about PA, maybe I could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about all the lights around RVs. There should be a light curfew just like there is a noise curfew in campgrounds. AND the dagone bathroom lights should be on motion sensors instead of on all the time using unnecessary energy. People can use flashlights to get there for heaven's sake. But on a positive note, I really like your sky pictures. Looks beautiful. Take us a sunset some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out the machine I would fall for sure. I am not the most graceful person.

    I need to do a walk around and check for weeds before they get out of hand.

    Your sunset pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the lights. Way too much light pollution going on & certainly no need to light up a campsite like a city street. And I suspect that people who do light up their sites are exactly that.....city folks.

    ReplyDelete