Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 22, 2015

One step forward, two steps back!

That's how my day has been going so far, like my brain is fractured - shattered into so many pieces I'm not sure if they can snap back to their original place!

I decide to do a task, walk into a room and see something that needs doing so I switch gears.  That leads me to another part of the house, and switch gears again to begin a different task.  It has gone that way the entire morning, with two jobs done and a number left to finish!  I may as well realize it's going to be that way today, all day.

One of my jobs had me walking to where I could see the front porch, and of course the hummingbird feeders caught my eye.  They needed cleaning and refilling, and I had boiled the water and added sugar earlier so it was cool enough by now.  One of the feeders was really bad and I had to take it apart completely to get the moldy stuff cleaned out.  I don't like that feeder to begin with so when I dropped the newly-filled feeder which shattered, I was glad it wasn't the other one that is easy to clean.

I scrambled some eggs for lunch and toasted a "morning round";  when I tried to pick up the toasted, buttered and jellied round, it fell jelly side down on my plate.  That just goes to show how my day is going!  I bought the rounds, not because they sounded so healthy - organic, heart healthy, muesli, etc.  I don't have a clue what muesli is except that I think it's cereal, and I wouldn't normally eat it on a bet (simply because of the name).  But these rounds have cranberries, enough of them that you can see many of them in each breakfast "round".  I toast and butter them, then add homemade cranberry sauce/jelly which I have grown to love.

Regarding a couple of questions and comments on my planned quilted pot holders, yes I intend to use a batting especially for such things (not polyester).  I actually want them to set hot plates and pans on.

Jeanne called me a few minutes ago to let me know they aren't going to the gym tonight.  I think I will go walking, and hope that clears my brain out!  The rest of me feels great! 

POSTSCRIPT:
I just came out of the gym after walking the treadmill and passed two guys, probably mid-40's.  One is saying, "...and my knee hurts and my back hurts and my elbow is jacked up..."  I wonder what he will feel like after he comes out of the gym.  My legs ache a little but I feel like I'm flying on a cloud right now!

7 comments:

  1. Eating right and exercising will keep you young and healthy for a lot longer. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I know those days only when I get distracted from task a to task b then task a never gets done. Then I get distracted from b to c and b never gets done and goes that way all day long until at the end I have about 8 things all half done. Glad your exercising gives you such a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you day ended quite well.
    I buy the sandwich rounds but never saw breakfast rounds. they sound really good will have to look for them, are they in the bread isle/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those days also. Usually when I am trying to clean the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...we all have those days. You are a very task oriented individual that does not like to waste your time or day. Me...I am a procrastinator so it does not bother me so much.

    Glad the exercising makes you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny about the young guy - it's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? I feel fortunate, so far, that I'm still healthy and my mind works so well at my age.

    I love days like that - start out doing one thing. Suddenly I'm doing something else, then something else, but the time the day is done I've gotten so much done and feel great. You had a very productive day, it sounds like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to use your potholders more as trivets, you could put a piece of Reflectix between the two laters for extra protection against the heat.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete