Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Brief post

I'm just going to do a quick post today as I haven't really done anything, nor has anything happened to me.  

I do want to reply to Nancy's comment; she mentioned that the QVC site references the weight of the elliptical being 28 lbs.  That is probably about right.  It feels heavier when trying to lift the box, and I wouldn't call it lightweight, but it's manageable, or it will be when assembled.  I lift a 32# bar at the gym, but wouldn't be able to lift that box over my head - at least I don't think I could.

Yesterday I mentioned that my doctors would like to see me get off HRT, and that I wrote the ob-gyn about half doses for a month to see how I feel.  She replied and said I could do that, so I used my pill cutter to halve today's pill.  If I start sounding like a crazy woman you will know why!

I have several blocks of fabric that I want to arrange in pieces for a mini quilt.  I still think I can do a runner for the top of a dresser - that is, longer than wide.  I have been wracking my brain over how and what size I should cut the pieces, and today played around drawing the layout on paper.   I finally found something I think will work, and cut out a template from a manila file folder, stiff but easy to cut.  It wasn't easy to come up with a design only using squares, but triangles and other shapes are more difficult to work with and get the corners crisp.  I'm not totally happy with the fabrics now that I have the design, but I'll work with them or else go buy another 1 or 2 swatches.

So there you are - not exactly what I would call a quick post, in retrospect.  That's my Gemini (ascendant astrological sign) working!

5 comments:

  1. You said: "If I start sounding like a crazy woman you will know why!" Well dang, I thought you were always a little crazy. . . Just kidding. Now, you have to admit, you let yourself open to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get yourself off that medication, I think you will be fine. Post pictures of your design. I'm impressed that you can lift that much weight I really need to start building my arms and shoulders now that my shoulder is better

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time I lose my comment...all because I tried to Preview it instead of Publishing it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...being able to lift 32 pounds is no small feat. I can only comfortably carry one gallon milk jug on each arm. That is about 17 pounds you have me beat by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Gemini ascendent. I wish I knew what all that meant. I think once you are out the 50's the HRT won't make much difference. The big estrogen switch is way over by now so I'll be surprised if you notice anything. But what do I know. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete