Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 26, 2015

Updating my Garmin GPS

This is going to be quick.  I've been trying since yesterday to update the maps on my Garmin GPS.  Today I talked to a tech at Garmin who ran me through the whole process to the point I had started to install the new file.  He told me at 3 pm that it should take about 2 hours, but at 7:30 pm the thing is still running.  I haven't been able to read much of my email today, haven't read any blogs, and I don't know when I'll get a chance.

I have looked for several weeks at new GPS models, but all have new extra features that I don't need or want, or they have taken away some of the features I really liked about my GPS.  I decided I'd try again to install new maps, but so far I haven't had much luck.  I will leave my computer running if it hasn't finished when I go to bed this evening, and you can bet I'll be back on the phone with that tech 1st thing tomorrow!   

7 comments:

  1. I guess I should update the maps in mine, too, but since I have not been traveling there is no need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only GPS we use anymore is on our phone. I got so tired of having to update our old GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't updated our old Garmin for a couple years either. Something I should make a note of do this summer when we get back to Bayfield. We only ever use our GPS to navigate us through big cities when they can't be avoided. I probably wouldn't like newer one's either with their weenie little postage stamp screens. Or maybe they still have bigger screens I don't know. I'm still at the rotary dial telephone stage......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on my gold Garmin long time ago. Hated the thing. It couldn't get me to a place next door without taking me a mile out of the way. My google maps on my phone does a much better job although even it has to be checked to make sure the roads are 35' RV worthy. But at least updating is easy and takes minutes not hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to buy a new TomTom after someone stole my out of my truck in my own driveway. But I haven't been able to get much use out of it. Hate the darn thing. I don't have one of those fancy phones cause I probably wouldn't now how to use that either. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have known a few people who had that eye condition. One was a good friend and she ended up to only be able to see by peripheral vision. My Mother also had it but she passed away before it could get too bad. Good luck and I hope your eyes do not get any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never owned nor do I know how to use a GPS. I considered buying one especially after being lost for hours in San Antonio. Lucky it happened after the doctor's appointment and not before :(

    Dizzy you through me for a loop...I thought I was in JW's blog for a moment there.

    ReplyDelete