Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 12, 2015

Stay home for a change

I decided that today I would stay home and get some work done that I've been putting off doing.  Three loads of laundry was at the top of my list.  I pulled a clean bath towel from the linen cupboard this morning and it was line-dried, stiff as a board, the way I like it!  With the cold dreary weather lately I've had to dry everything in the machine and this morning is the perfect weather for drying clothes outdoors.  I had a problem at the laundry room with the lock on the door to the courtyard - the bolt was stuck and wouldn't slide.  I came home and got a hammer to help it along, and got the door open but killed the lock!   I snuck the hammer back home.

Joe stopped by with Keira, who wanted to know about my clothespins - what I do with them and how, and where are my clothes hanging with the clothespins.  So I took her across the street to show her and Joe came with us.  I guess he doesn't ever remember me hanging clothes on a line.  The kids love to play with the pins when they visit me, and do all sorts of clever things with them.

Rvers, fire up those big engines because according to the news, the price of diesel is coming way down.  Of course you know it won't last long, but it sure is nice to see fuel at an affordable price.

I'm a little tired from a brisk walk on the treadmill a few hours ago.  It is amazing at how the walking affects my heart rate - I don't reach the max advisable rate for a few minutes longer each time I walk.  I am feeling so much better day by day, and hope the trend continues.

I almost feel like taking a nap in my recliner but don't think I'll do that.  I don't like the way napping keeps me up so much later at night. 

5 comments:

  1. I can never nap for just that reason. I love hanging my clothes out too. Hard to do on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napping during the day just makes me feel worse. Therefore, I don't do it anymore unless I accidently fall asleep in my rocker/recliner (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hanging clothes on the line too, but it isn't allowed here or the last place I lived. Of course at the last place they would be gone before I made it back into the house. I stopped using fabric softener on my towels they just don't absorb well with it.

    Kids find the most unusual things amusing don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother loves line dried clothes but I prefer the feel and softness of a drier. However, since I have not made it to the laundromat yet, she is getting her wish :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done my own laundry ever since leaving home many, many, years ago & strangely enough it's always been something I have never minded doing. I especially like hanging laundry out on a line. For some reason doing someone else's laundry wouldn't interest me but doing my own seems A-OK. Strange eh............

    ReplyDelete