Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 5, 2014

Visit with Eye Surgeon

I'm always happier when I come out of his office than when I entered it, and today was no exception.   It was a long morning though and a crowded waiting room. 

I have been having a lot of difficulty with my vision, so after a lot of testing, eye drops to numb the eye, etc., he removed a suture that was left in from the cornea transplant.  I can tell a big difference already.  I still have one suture left in the other eye which he prefers to leave in at this time, and that's fine with me because I have complete trust in the doctor.  He said there is a risk of the suture breaking during removal, leaving a small part of it in the eye.  I don't want that if I can help it.

He also assured me I could get my driver's license renewed.  I haven't decided whether to renew in SD or to bite the bullet (an expensive proposition) and get everything transferred over to CA.   This state has such drama with everything and it all costs lots of money.  Where I renew my SD license plates online and get the sticker in the mail, CA requires various tests including a smog test.   Then they charge an exhorbitant amount for all your troubles.   I'm sure the D/L switch will be a nightmare as well.  If I stay with South Dakota I think I will drive to one of the small town DMV's in the western part of the state, probably in July or August. 

After all the running around and shopping on Saturday, I just vegetated yesterday.   I think I needed that.   Tomorrow will be the 4 wk point after my hernia repair, and I'm surprised at how much pain and discomfort I still have - not constant by any means, but enough to keep me from a lot of normal activities.  Supposedly I will be able to resume exercise in two more weeks and I hope that makes me feel better.

The weather is beautiful, with several sunny days in the 70's to come.  I wish I felt like working out in the yard.  I'm afraid that my laziness will become permanent. 

9 comments:

  1. Scary stuff about your eyes. So glad it went well. I have such a fear of eye problems. My dad has macular degeneration and it has ruined what would have been a very nice getting older for him since the rest of his health is excellent. But if you can't see well that changes the whole game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always heard that California is very stringent on people declaring residency if they are in the state for six months. I just assumed that would also mean having to get a CA driver's license. Is that not so? You've been living in CA for way longer than six months. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I file taxes as a part time resident of CA. That is why I try to spend time outside the state each year, although the medical problems I had last year kept me here longer than I wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking anything to do with the eyes is always scary but having an old suture removed would really creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. California is a place I try to avoid for any bureaucratic stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure wish you well. Don't overdo your workouts. I did last week and had to pay a price. All is well now and I hope the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about how expensive Ca. is for lots of things.

    Happy to hear you eye appt. went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vision is so very important, glad you took care of that.

    In the RV blogs I read, I have always heard how most register their motorhomes, trailers and cars in SD and also have licenses from there.

    Yep, I would imagine California has a lot of red tape as well as very high prices for almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done the residency and vehicle, thing in Florida, California, and Arizona. Arizona is the least problematic in every way.

    California can get very obnoxious about out-of-state license plates that show up at work places on a routine basis, or while dropping kids off at school.

    I'm thinking this might not be so important in a venue where there are people who routinely live in two different states, i.e. Snowbirds.

    You might want to save your receipts when you are out of the state . . . just in case.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete