Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Family Dinner

It was held at Steve & Meg's house this evening.  As I've mentioned before, the dinners usually have a theme, and the theme for this one was  camping.  Steve set up a couple of tarps and tents, which the kids loved crawling in and out of.  If I had an RV I could park it in the space to the right.


Here is Steve at the grill.




Joe and Amy (sister):



Amy's daughter Stephanie drove up from Santa Cruz to join the group:



Jeannie with Autumn and Alyssa, and Sarah (Joe's wife) across the table:



Liam (Steve's son):



Alyssa and Keira (Joe's daughters):



No outdoor gathering is complete without a game of cornhole:




The campfire is lit and everyone enjoyed s'mores:




The moon kept an eye on us:



Click to enlarge the photos.  You won't be able to see the moon unless you enlarge the picture.  Also, for some reason the pictures seem to be too dark.  I need to practice with the camera before taking any more shots.

It was a fun gathering, as always, and gave a sneak preview of summer camping fun.  We are trying to plan a trip for June as soon as Joe gets a handle on what his schedule at the hospital will be.  He has been working a lot of weekends lately.

I think Arianna didn't show up in any of the pictures, but that's because she wasn't in one place long enough for me to get her in a photo.  The cousins all get along so well and have fun whenever they are together.

I'm hoping to walk tomorrow and get myself mentally prepared for getting back to the gym in a little over a week, when I will hit the 6 wk post-surgery mark.  I just know I will feel better when I can do something other than sit in a recliner.  The sitting around is no doubt my own fault, but I haven't felt like doing much else and still have residual pain.  I'm tired of it though, so things will start to change soon! 

8 comments:

  1. I just love your family. You must have been one terrific mom to have such a great bunch to get together and have theme dinners and lots of fun. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had a son, or daughter for that matter, that loved to cook. I guess I didn't pass that gene on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, looks like a great family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! What a wonderful family, Gypsy... and I can see you and your RV with THAT view?! whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved family get-togethers. Since I moved to Texas, I don't make very many of them. It is a long way to Pennsylvania where most of my family is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved family get-togethers. Since I moved to Texas, I don't make very many of them. It is a long way to Pennsylvania where most of my family is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun GTG with your family. Nice way to spend Mothers Day Happily
    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete