Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 2, 2014

Good and bad days

It seems that a good day is usually followed by a not-so-good day, and yesterday was one of those bad days.  I had an early appointment to get my hair cut and didn't have the time or appetite to eat much breakfast.  Donald dropped me off and picked me up since Jeannie was using my car while waiting for a part for hers.  On the way home I began to feel really nauseated, and napped most of the afternoon.  I never felt like eating but managed to get a little food.  The pain almost had me reaching for something to relieve it, but I made it through the day without meds.

This morning I'm feeling much better and started the day with my favorite part of breakfast.




That's bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries cut up and sugared, all organic.  Then I relax with my coffee before having a big bowl of cereal.  All is well this morning.

Jeannie's car was ready late yesterday afternoon, and we went to pick it up.  I drove my car back home, the first time I've driven in a long while.   It was like I'd been driving all along even though it's been several weeks.

Today will be another day in the 90's, but tomorrow  that will drop 10 degrees and then continue downward into the 70's.  I don't want to be out in the heat of the day, for sure.

I finally started using the Record option on my uVerse service, and like it very much.  What I don't care for is the Guide - I wish they allowed it to take up more of the screen so it would be easier to read and use, as well as show more of the programming at once.   But technology isn't designed for people like me, which is pretty much ok, because I will never be addicted to technological devices to begin with.

A few weeks ago I hung a new hummingbird feeder from the porch roof where I can see it from my recliner.  It took about a week for the birds to start using it and now  there is a steady stream of the beautiful little birds.  I'd like to hang a regular bird feeder but my past luck with squirrels has been so bad I'm not sure if I want to deal with them again.   At least I wouldn't be bothered by bears!

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Hopefully very soon the good days will last for awhile and the bad ones will only be a day long. Your bowl of fruit looks really good. I've been on a watermelon kick but have yet to find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that fruit looks very tasty. Only did 150 miles today, so I'd better fix some lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let it get you down. You are a strong person and will get through those bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fruit looks delicious - add some blackberries and raspberries and it would be a meal for me. I put those fruits on my cereal in the morning, one or two kinds at a time. Yum. I'm glad you're having some good days - wishing you more and more to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bayfield Bunch guy has a non-tree rat bird feeder. Can't remember where he bought it though. Might ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good looking fruit bowl. I have been eating some mixed fruit I bought to take camping and add some yogurt to it for a full meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good food & plenty of rest--the road to recovery! That and a daily bowl of yummy-looking fruit! Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is the link to Al's squirrel proof bird feeder.

    http://www.rollerfeeder.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like things are coming along. A bad day followed by a good day is the right direction at least. Fruit looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete