Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Heat Wave

It is 90F just a little before 4pm, and will probably go a bit higher.  It will get hotter during the next two days, maybe even hitting 100!   I can barely stand this kind of heat although my swamp cooler plus a fan and several open windows in the house are keeping me cool enough.

I want to thank everyone who wrote me about my dilemma of where and how to live in my future.  (Vada and RunNRose, you hit the nail on the head!)   My brain hurts from thinking about it, searching web sites, etc., so I will have to put the whole idea on hold for a day or so, and then start considering the idea again.

I drove out of the Park for a short trip to Target this morning, and passed a house just down the street from mine that has been painted.  It is now a beautiful adobe red and looks terrific.  I don't see anything that would make me think the house was sprayed, but it must have been because it was finished so quickly.  It also has wooden siding rather than the metal in models such as I have, and I think the paint really looks super!

I plan to try to declutter my house one room at a time.  It will look much better, I will feel much better, and if I decide to move into an apartment or other type of living, I will have a head start .  I'm a pack rat and extremely sentimental, especially when it comes to things that have been given to me over the years.  I just can't bring myself to get rid of a gift from a loved one.  So now I just need to decide on which room to start!

5 comments:

  1. yeah ... all that brain activity can wear y'out! ... best to let it go and let it sneak back in ... then voila! something will make sense... yep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got things that were my parent's and my grandparent's. They are precious to me, but not to my son. So, I don't know what will become of all my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been getting rid of stuff for quite sometime and yet it never seems to be anyless packed. Just don't understand it all.
    Good luck with the process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the decluttering...I need to get rid of so much stuff but I just keep on putting it off :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just starting to see progress around here on the decluttering front. A few open spaces on the floor, a few clear(er) counters. My shed is full of empty plastic totes that I don't want to get rid of yet. I still feel like I'll need to pack up and move again on a moment's notice. Hard to get over that.

    I keep looking at RV's so that when the time comes I'll know that I can make an informed decision. When I know what the options are I can move more quickly. I hope.

    ReplyDelete