Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Still counting down

Joshua's birthday party for 16 little school friends was held yesterday at Jumpin' Jake's, a bounce house sort of place. The kids run from one bouncy thing to another for about an hour, then we go up to a balcony where tables are set and our party hostess sets out pizza and then ice cream cake. After that the kids can go back downstairs and play until they are ready to leave. We weren't the only birthday party there, and others came in to play on an individual basis rather than with a group. Of course, the place is packed with adults keeping a watchful eye and enjoying the socializing.

The noise got to me for a while, so I stood up in the party room watching the goings-on below from the balcony. The energy coming off all those kids is overpowering, and by the time we got home last night I was worn to a frazzle! It was fun, but I am going to be so glad to be alone on my drive home.

While we were sitting in the living room last night and talking about the day, birthdays, etc., Joshua looked at me solemnly and said, "Grandma, you will always be the oldest person I know." Nothing like having a kid keep your perspective straight!

Two more wake-ups!

10 comments:

  1. And every day we're getting older,so we might as well enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids can be brutally honest sometimes..my school kids never hesitated to tell me when I had bad breath! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a lot younger than me to have a grandson that young. I only have one grandson and he is in his mid twenties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to say that to my boss "I'll never be older than you". Except he died at age 60, so now I am older than him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like being #1, no matter what the reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO MERCY!!! I just had a good belly laugh,,on Josh's comment. hahahahahaha.
    I can't take loud noise either. There is, was a place in Austin we used to load up a bunch of kids and take to,,Chunky Cheese's. Sounds like the same thing. Had the best vege pizza i ever ate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what you're saying. Yesterday there were 70 people at a graduation party with lots of kids. We're both exhausted today, just watching and listening to everyone.

    See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Judy. It's great to be #1. I'll bet you can think of a lot of other things you are #1 at too. Like in Lady's heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember all too well taking Todd and his buddies to a place like that for a birthday party. I hated it and was so glad to get home to some peace and quiet. But the kids had a great time and used up a lot of energy.

    ReplyDelete