Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I can't stay awake!

I guess it's the result of all those miles driven, but I have been napping throughout the day, usually waking up energized and ready to check a job off my list. That doesn't last long and I'm back on the couch.

Today is a little cooler, thankfully, and a constant breeze is blowing. I did a couple loads of laundry this morning and hung it on the line to dry, which it did in no time. I think it's the breeze that makes it smell so good.

Last night I turned on the TV for the first time since I've been home and briefly watched the weather channel. I realize it's been extremely hot just about all over the country, and here I've been whining and crying about the heat like I'm the only one who is suffering from it. Sorry about that. We're getting a short break in the weather for a few days, and I hope you all get it as well.

I called a man who advertised in our monthly newsletter that he would pick up large appliances for free, so I called about the stove and range hood. I can't believe it's been sitting on my driveway since last December. At least I put the old range into the box the new one came in. So the man told me he would be here between 9am and 5 pm - that sort of keeps me sitting at home waiting all day. I want to go back to Costco, but that can wait for a while - nothing urgent. I hate it when someone can't be more specific than that, but most utilities are that way as well as other businesses. I can't complain too much since he's picking it up for free. The reason I didn't have someone get it right away is because they all were charging $60 for a pickup at that time.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have to be there for the pick up? I know it might look like [to your neighbors] that he is stealing old appliances, heehee, but I would imagine, unless you have to sign them over you wouldn't have to be there. I do hate the open time frames too, but at least I am home all the time if need be.

    I am really considering a membership to Costco. My baking supplies would be so, so much cheaper to buy in bulk. I can go through 20 -25 lbs of flour a week and although it isn't terribly expensive to buy in 5 lb bags - every penny counts and it would be nice to have 25 lbs on hand. Not to mention butter, sugar, eggs, milk and cocoa. It all adds up. :) Hey - you should look and see if Costco has a mister. I am so glad you mentioned that yesterday - I really want one now ;)

    Hope you have a great weekend and it stays a bit cooler for you and Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hot weather is moving our way. By Sunday for the wedding it's supposed to be 97. I thought we came north to be cooler. They just moved it up to 98 on Sunday. Nice to get rid of the old appliance and out of your way. And free definitely works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a free removal is worth waiting around for. I've heard napping is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nap while you can, your body is tired. We did the same thing after are marathon drive from Kentucky to Seattle. After unloading the refrigerator I napped several times a day for several days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hot seems to be everywhere. We sure have our share of it.

    Friends further north have been sending their temperature readings which are even hotter than here in Florida. Now that's amazing.

    Maybe I'm lucky I didn't get to go up to New England since the temperatures there and in Virginia seem just now to be worse than here.

    The heat definitely makes you feel like napping. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete