Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 25, 2012

It's catching up with me

I was supposed to pick up my granddaughter and be at REI when they open to look for a backpack. She would rather take that to Europe next week than regular luggage. Instead she had to work early, so I went back and crawled into bed, fully clothed! I slept until about 11 am, although it wasn't a deep enough sleep to feel great. Her high school is having some sort of thing this week and that is where she is volunteering to help.

Maybe we can get to REI tomorrow. I want to look for some type of PortaPotty for my tent. I have to get up too many times during the night to be getting in and out of my tent, which is't so bad if I'm right next to the woods but I can't count on it.

For some reason I've been craving cigarettes lately, and the only way to relieve those cravings is to have a beer, which I don't do in the morning. So I'm just toughing it out and hope the cravings go away soon and leave me alone for a while. When I'm on my deathbed I'm going to chain smoke a carton, and I sure don't want to wish for that anytime soon!

I'm cooking shrimp and onions tonight. Sure wish I had grits on hand, but I don't and don't want to go out to get them. I'm still so tired and listless, and wonder how long this is going to last. I'm eating well so I think I should be feeling better. If I was getting ready to go on a trip, rather than coming home from one, things would be different!

9 comments:

  1. Getting a porta-pot sounds like a good idea. They do come in handy at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lunchbag letdown. You could try licorice root in the morning. The nutritionist that owns our health food store says it will perk you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised that you are a bit fatigued after such a big trip and so much you've been doing lately. If you take it easy and sleep in if your body wants to, I bet it will soon pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be perking up by now. Try going for a brisk 15 min walk after breakfast, also make sure you are drinking enough water. Dehydration can make you tired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I remember those long ago days of cigarette cravings & beer chasers alright. Stay the course & stay healthy. As long as nobody makes me eat any grits on my deathbed I'll probably be just fine:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're craving grits there must definitely be something wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Lady is doing a lot better. I guess she is or you would have mentioned her.

    Hang in there, you need to live a lot longer for all those neat camping out days and nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always said that if I ever got drafted (pretty unlikely, Canada hasn't had the draft since 1944) then I'd start smoking again. I figure if I'm going to get shot or 'blowed up', then I might as well die with a smoke in my mouth.
    I quit for the second time 25 years ago this month, and I STILL have a hankerin' for a smoke every once in a while.
    Of course, I know that I can't have 'just one', since then I'd be hooked again.
    Stay the course. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gyspy,
    Have you thought about getting a PETT toilet. They fold up, so they take up less room, and the Bio-Gel bags can just be thrown in the trash. No nasty pottie contents to empty in a toilet somewhere.

    Hugs to Lady. Happy Tails and Trails, Penny.

    ReplyDelete