Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 26, 2010

You just can't take pictures of a large group, especially one that includes wiggly little children, and catch everyone at the exact right moment. Here are two group photos of the family in their tie dye on our recent trip to Apple Hill.




I was at Jeannie's house this afternoon and caught this picture of Donald reading to his two little daughters.



They wanted to do some miscellaneous shopping but I decided it would be easier to stay at home with the girls. That was a wise move and the baby took a nice long nap, and I got to cut out paper dolls with Autie. I sent her an old-fashioned paper doll book last Christmas that I bought at Ft. Pulaski. It featured girls, their hair styles and their clothes from approx. 1854-1861. Being the old fashioned kind, they aren't perforated so I have to cut each item by hand, and can only do a few at a time. I thought her mom would have had them all cut out before I even returned to Sacramento, but the wise woman left it for the old woman who sent the dolls in the first place!
It brings back memories from when I was a kid, but I am going to look for the newer model perforated dolls & clothes.

We also read many, many books. Three year old Autumn did most of the "reading", as she has such a phenomenal memory she can hear a story once and repeat it from then on nearly word for word (and what she doesn't remember, she makes up.)

I had a nice afternoon and now I'm so glad to be in the quiet of my own home. I am so ready to be traveling somewhere in cool mountains.

8 comments:

  1. Great photos, all of them. A little peace and quiet after family time is never a bad thing. :) Enjoy your quiet evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Margie said, great family photos and after a day with all the kids, it's always nice to get home to some relative peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Apple Hill - right on Pony Express Trail. I had chickens there - loved it! Thanks for the memory. You're so lucky to live where you are. I know it's not as good as being in the rig, but after a short drive you're in some pretty fantastic places.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am so ready to be traveling somewhere in cool mountains."

    Yep, I sure hear ya there Gypsy. For folks like us that wanderlust is just in our blood & we can't ever get away from that. It is a hunger that needs feeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!

    I remember having paper doll books as a kid and none of them were perforated either. I really liked the clothes than came with them. Usually though I had to use the Sears or Eatons catalogue for my paper dolls. I missed the clothes so started making my own by tracing the cutout's shape on another dress or something in the catalogue. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family Gypsy.

    I loved the cut out dolls when I was a kid. We, my sisters and I, even had Jack and Jill and their clothes. Good clean fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never did have paper dolls when I was young. I was more of a cowboy and horses kind of gal! :)

    ReplyDelete