Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Upstairs neighbors

There was a firm knock on my door yesterday afternoon and it was the girl from upstairs. She was very apologetic and said that she brushed my truck pulling out of her parking space, but she said there were no dents or scratches that she could see, but that she just wanted to tell me. I tried to get a look when I walked Lady, but couldn't see anything at all. My truck is so dirty it is held together by the pollen and dust, so I need to wash it and then see how it looks, but I really don't think there is anything I would complain about, and I thought it was nice of her to tell me.

Several weeks ago I was walking in between our vehicles and saw a crease in the side of her white Expedition and some black paint in the crease. I was so worried that I had caused it, but I stood there looking and looking, and could see no way that my vehicle could create a crease in hers in the location it was in, which was higher than my wheel wells. I looked up and saw her sitting on the steps and told her I was worried I caused it, but she said that it had happened several months ago and she never got it fixed.

In many ways they seem to be a bit quieter upstairs lately, although I think a slight change in my attitude could have something to do with it. I can't change the design of the building, and they can't either. It's not fair to ask them to not watch TV or talk just because I go to bed early. If I absolutely have to I will use the earplugs only I just insert them as far as necessary, and not like the instructions say.

From the time my kids were little I have been told by many people that they are some of the most polite kids they had ever known. But being polite and listening to music or talking loud don't necessarily have anything to do with the other. So in the back of my mind I've always wondered if any of my kids annoyed their neighbors. I'd be a fool to say absolutely not, so I'm determined to give these two a break and figure they just don't realize how their behavior sometimes comes across.

In the long run I'd rather have an honest person living there who would own up to a mistake than someone I couldn't hear once in a while.

On another note, could anyone imagine that with the outside temp being 100 yesterday, my apartment was nice and cool all day and I didn't even have to turn on a fan. I have a couple of windows open in the living room, and I closed the bathroom window about mid-day because I could feel warm air blowing in. When I walk Lady and hear all the air conditioners running, I'm glad I don't have their electric bills - I still am paying under $30/month for a totally electric apartment. Today the forecast is for 103! Yuk, I can't wait for some cold weather.

Jeannie offered me a great big zucchini that her neighbor had given her, so I decided to make zucchini nut bread yesterday. I made just one loaf and it turned out well, although one slice is almost too much sweetness for my taste. I barely made a dent in the zucchini, so I'll be fixing it every way I can think of - lunch will be grated zucchini in scrambled eggs!

I would like to say a big thank you for all the comments on air cards, MiFi, etc. I will try to hold out and not have to pay a cancellation fee, but I doubt I'll make it. I just wish I could find somewhere exactly what I need for the MiFi to operate well. I believe the basic package comes with the MiFi card, a charger, and some other kind of cord that I can't remember now. As long as I can plug it in to electric here at home I won't worry so much about battery life. For some reason I don't have nearly as much battery life on my Mac as they advertise, but it is probably the way I have it configured and just don't know any better.

5 comments:

  1. No computer has as much battery life as the manufacturer's advertise, Gypsy, so it's not just your Mac. You pretty much have to take their figures and divide by 2. That was nice of your neighbour to come and own up to perhaps brushing your truck. Glad to hear it's probably o.k. because getting something fixed, as you know, is just unnecessary hassle no one needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Satellite Internet? I guess you can take it with ya when you move...
    I got a new door dent in my Blazer, Ive got to get one of those touch up pens to fixer up ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wished I could go back & say I'm sorry to all the neighbor's I'm sure I have annoyed many years ago. Yes, that Mifi stuff is all mighty confusing alright. Nice of the girl to be honest. Seems to be a rare commodity these days. I am finding honesty comes easier with age:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of her to be honest and come and talk to you. I like your way of thinking (if your kids had ever bugged anyone)

    You are such a trooper, Gypsy, and you keep on finding ways to make the best out of any situation. You are amazing!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know there are a few decent people left in our world. I think she has proven she is one of them. Maybe they don't realize how much noise they are making at times.

    Glad your truck is ok. Hope you make it through the hot spell alright. It is so cool that you don't need to use your air. We use heat in the morning and air in the evening. The humidity here is awful.

    ReplyDelete