Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving, sort of

I can't say I'll be on the road again, but I'm moving. I gave my notice yesterday to break my lease, and I plan to be out of here at the end of September which is JUST 3 WEEKS! I should be getting the 5ver back on October 2nd, which leaves a gap of 2 or 3 days where I will be homeless again. Dang, I might as well set up a cardboard box under a bridge!

I thought I had a place where I could move my belongings and make that my "base camp" but I don't think that is going to work out. So now I need to scramble and get everything packed so I can find a place to store it until I get my 5ver and make a decision on it. A couple of commenters have rightly observed that I had a falling out with that 5ver, just a year ago today in fact, and I will never have the same feeling about living in it. But it is a place to live, and I can move when I feel like it and not have to break a lease. I wish I had a viable option and plan, but I don't. As they say something like "better to stay with the devil you know than one you don't."

After 2 beautiful days in the 70's, it's going back into the 80's tommorow and will no doubt soon climb above 90. I've been wearing jeans and long sleeve tees, and love getting back into cool weather clothes. I'm ready for real cold weather clothes!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new plans, whatever they may be. I think it is a turn in the right direction. I wonder how the lady is that lived above you for a while. I hope she is doing well and enjoying her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have made the decision to move into the 5ver all's you have to do is accept that decision & pour your positive energy into it & get on with your new lifestyle once more. What is old can be new again:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making the decision. Now just go with it. It will be fine.
    Oh yes, thank you for the books. I'm sure that I will get a lot of information from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised! Boy when you make your mind up, you really MOVE! I think you will be happy, just don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am surprised! Boy when you make your mind up, you really MOVE! I think you will be happy, just don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting decision, Gypsy. I don't blame you for wanting out of the apartment based on the noise from upstairs etc.

    I hope you can come to grips with the 5'er so that you are able to co-exist in comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you go get your "5ver" before you vacate the apt.? If you can break an apt lease, you can break a consignment sale agreement. After all, THEY have not performed and probably would be happy to see you take it back. Then you won't have to store your stuff, and can move on.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe that all things happen for a reason - even though it may take us a while to figure out that reason. So I know something good is going to come out of this move. At least you'll be rid of those neighbors. And remember - Yuma in January.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Gypsy on getting out of your apartment and back to your mobile cabin. I can't wait to hear about your plans once you are free of the cloggers upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a turn of events! Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making a firm decision is a good step ahead. Who knows, maybe you will fall in love with the 5ver again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a feeling that you will welcome being back in your 5er, and away from that apartment.
    It might feel more homey the second time around.
    At least it has wheels, and you can find a great place and just park it.
    I wish you, and Lady, the very best in the next part of your lives.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  13. GYPSY, What about a seasonal spot in Sacramento?I have not been to this park, but it gets great reviews from older rv folks. (Stillman Rv Park,
    3880 Stillman Park Cir, Sacramento, CA 95824)
    Good luck in whatever you do. You and the 5th might just become pals again !
    Guy
    acheapguy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's fabulous! Losing sleep is not a good thing. Now you can park anywhere under the trees, no one around (if desired) and move when you want. Congrats. See you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am getting a little worried...

    ReplyDelete