Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 6, 2010

Some electrical issues, plus a bit of shopping

I have had problems charging my camera batteries: My original charger (Energizer) didn't work properly in my rig and I thought it was broken but held on to it anyway. I bought a new one that charged much more quickly (Kodak), and it worked fine in the rig but not here in my apartment. So, desperate to charge up some batteries, I got out the original charger and set it to work overnight. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the green light this morning! It must be the difference in electric connections between here and the 5ver, which I have never understood, although it seems like either of them should work when I'm hooked up to 30 amp electric. I will keep both of them for the time being, but it's nice to have 4 charged up batteries on hand.

My hair dryer was the other small appliance that has given me trouble for a long time. It kept switching off and messing up the circuits in the rig if I forgot and tried to run it while the Lasko heater was on. I noticed it doing the same thing here, but first thought it was competing with the bathroom light/fan combination for electric. Then I discovered it shut off and the grille where the hot air comes out would be too hot to touch. So this morning I bought a new hair dryer.

While I was at Walmart (Costco was either closed today or opened later than their usual week-day opening), I found a display of personal fans (9" blade) for $5, so of course I had to buy one. This insures that a cold trend is in the works for Sacramento, and everyone can get out their long pants, sweaters, fleece jackets, etc. I actually don't need a fan as the temperature inside never rises to an uncomfortable level, but it feels stuffy sometimes with no air moving around. I really blame it on the dog, who has a strong doggy odor to begin with but which is getting worse. Oh well, she is getting old.

Then in order to try Rick's recipe for Italian chicken that he posted in his blog today, I had to buy some Drew's Organic Italian Dressing. I have 5 other flavors on hand but no Italian! The chicken is now thawing and I think I will serve it over pasta tonight.

Now I need to clean and refill the hummingbird feeder. I boiled the water this morning and probably added more sugar than usual, so the birds should really be fighting over it.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you were able to cross a lot of items off today's shopping list. I'm planning to try Rick's recipe soon myself. It sure sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, oh!! If my Italian Chicken recipe turns out to be a dud, I'll probably end up facing the "Gypsy Wind" blowin' up here from Sacramento!! I can almost feel it now!

    And then, I read in your comments that Margie is going to try it too, and she's a whole lot closer living across the water in Tumwater.

    Sometimes it's good to live on an Island!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am trying your recipe here in Southern California. You are a moving target :) so no fear if it doesn't come out great, but I'm sure it will. I suspect there are lot's of us using your recipe.
    Keep sharing !
    Guy
    acheapguy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your old hair dryer might be okay. I've had mine blow my circuit breaker, too. Usually because I had just one too many things plugged in. Like a floor heater, then the hair dryer. Maybe they use more power?
    I haven't seen that recipe, I'll have to check his blog. I'm doing salmon tonight, but have chicken in the freezer for tomorrow.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we are all trying out Rick's recipe ☺ I won't buy the Italian dressing but will use the Videlia onion dressing I have on hand from Costco. I would think that works well too. Everything else for that recipe is at hand.

    ReplyDelete