Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I accomplished a lot of small things today, and am ready to go to sleep but it's only a little after 8:00 pm! First off, I got an appointment to see a doctor on the 20th of this. Yes, that messes up the possibility of an extended camping trip, but since I will run out of my prescriptions the end of September, I hope this doctor will be willing to write me new ones.

I have two grandchildren with September birthdays, and I got the present shopping finished and ready to go. That's a relief!

I returned a couple of books to the library and found three that looked interesting and are also in large print. I've already started the first, Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". The locale of his first two books was Paris/London/Scotland (Da Vinci Code), and Rome (Angels and Demons). This one takes place in Washington, DC and being so familiar with that city I am anxious to get into the book. I would really like to go back to DC for a visit, but the thought of the traffic there just freezes me into inaction. I had enough of driving in that traffic to last a couple of lifetimes. I would park somewhere and take the Metro everywhere, of course, but even the Metro can be crowded any time of year. I'm in total admiration of any RVer who drives within 30 miles of the place.

I was able to cross a bunch of errands off my list - now if I would just get the call to come over for my glasses, I'd be happy! Actually, I've decided to be happy with whatever. I can't do a thing to speed up what is going to be, but I will soon start getting nervous about having my 5th wheel back. What should I do first? I will have to arrange for space in the storage lot for one thing, and hope I can find something with fall closing in. Transferring things back to it is a daunting task and I will worry about it tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Is it possible to trade your 5er in on a shorter unit? As I remember reading older posts, you were a bit unnerved by the sheer size of the 5er you have. Just wondering since you seem to be heading back into the direction of being a FT RVer again.

    Sounds like you got a lot done today and I'll keep my fingers crossed you get the call on those glasses before the week us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very productive day, that's great. I think you'll enjoy The Lost Symbol too. I read it a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever decide to go back to DC, we stayed in a good county park near Vienna, that would allow you to take the metro everywhere. It is called Bull Run regional Park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's too bad the 5ver problem didn't get resolved. Too bad you couldn't use it as a trade in on something smaller, easier to handle & more practical. You already have a resentment for that 5th wheel so I don't think your going to be able to turn that around into a love affair with it. I think you need a different rig. A new best Pal that you are really going to enjoy & be happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! Just keep smiling, cause no matter what life throws at you....you just gotta keep on rolling through...one sweet day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to agree with Al. If you don't like the 5er, you probably never will. Is trading it in not an option for you? I had to do that with a trailer once. It was just too big for me to handle alone. After finding myself alone, I downsized to something smaller and safer for me. Obviously that was before I went fulltime and switched to a motorhome. :)

    ReplyDelete