Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Cooler

My Coleman 52 qt steel belted cooler arrived last week and I picked it up today. I like the drain, which my old cooler doesn't have, and the lock which certainly looks to be bearproof! There is no advertising on that however, and the bears get smarter all the time.

It isn't nearly as difficult to lift as I thought it would be, but it's still empty. I will no doubt hoist it into the truck bed and fill it from there, adding the ice last. I will also carry my old cooler along to keep beverages in, so I'm not opening the lid on the big cooler quite as often.




I have been wanting this cooler for a long time now, and have watched the price go down little by little. Finally it reached a price acceptable to me, plus free shipping, so I jumped on it, and I'm glad I did.

7 comments:

  1. Just so you know, racoons, skunks, opossums and javelina can all easily open that latch. It will need to be secured inside the vehicle at night. I have been told bears just rip the lid open by bending it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new cooler looks almost big enough to fit a small bear inside it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're getting ready to go! Great cooler, used to have that one.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coleman make some of the best equipment for camping or RVing. That new cooler looks great.

    Bears? Bears? I don't want to be in a tent if bears are in the area. I'm such a chicken and they may like chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cooler, but, where's the beer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE those metal coolers from Coleman, they are the BEST! We have an older one, and they keep ice at least three times longer than the plastic cheapies. Having both kinds at family parties, our metal one is the best for the food, let the drink folks use the plastic ones.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! New Cooler with a nostalgia look. "Cool" literally.

    ReplyDelete