Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time with my grandson

I spent about 4 hours today just holding my little baby grandson. What a joy he is, and he looks just like his daddy did at that age. Looking at Steve now you would never believe he could have started out so tiny! I told Steve I was going to have Liam's picture printed up and then draw a mustache and goatee on it to see what he will look like about 25 years from now. It was really sweet having a low-key visit with just Steve, Meg and Liam.

It was also sad to see their doggie, Rocco. He is just skin and bones now (he is pictured with Lady on a photo from our camping trip at Sly Park just a month ago). Steve now has to carry him up and down the steps into the back yard, but his tail still wags furiously. I'm so glad he is here to meet Liam, but also sorry he won't be around for Liam to grow up with. I have never known a dog with a sweeter and more friendly nature.

By the time I got home Lady was REALLY ready to go out - about 2 hours after her normal afternoon walk time. She is such a good dog that way, but the day will come when she won't have such control. She is showing her age in the way she gets up and down in her bed. I won't ever have another pet when she is gone.

It was a dollar short of the predicted 100 degrees today - only got up to 99! But at 9 pm it is still 86, which is a long way from getting cool enough for me.

I am so hoping to get a call from the optometrist tomorrow - they told me 7 to 10 days for my glasses, and tomorrow will be a week. I hope they don't mean 7 to 10 business days, but that is probably the way it is. I hope I'm not putting too much faith in these glasses working magic for me, but I really need to be able to read again. I just can't seem to hold on to a good mood with my eyesight being the way it is, but I'm thankful I can see much better for driving now. The surgeon told me I don't need glasses for driving, which is great.




14 comments:

  1. What a precious bundle of joy in your arms! He looks pretty content, too.

    We are with you on the dog issue. We love our Annie so much, but we will not replace her when her time eventually comes to leave us. We'll let her decide when that time is right. She will soon be 13 years old but is only in fair shape.

    Have a good weekend, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember saying that same thing! Really lonesome without a companion.
    Cute baby, do you want another one? He He

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby, and it looks like he's smiling. Like his
    Grandma. How nice to be close by and be able to spend time with him at this age.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Grandson is beautiful, what a joy to have him in your arms, Sam said the same thing when our 14 year old yellow lab passed, all it took was to put Rigg's in his arms and that was it. Now they are best buddies, Never Test drive a puppy. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always saddens me when I read or hear about pets & their declining health. We notice the age factor having it's way with our 3 guys as well. As for never having a pet again some day.....well, I don't know about that one. If I never had a dog by my side I would truly be alone in this world & what would be the point of carrying on then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous. I don't have any grandkids yet which is really okay because my son is only 24. (That's what happens when you get married really late in life.) That must be one of the greatest feelings ever.

    I have vowed that when the girls are gone, no more pets. I said that when our Ginger died and then we ended up with two girls. But we were younger then and not traveling full time. But my heart can't take the sadness when they leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Liam look wonderful together. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!
    I said that too after I had to put my two scotties down(13 and 19). I enjoyed them both. But now I have Angel. You know what a joy she is. Just enjoy Lady while she is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both you and Liam look terrific in the photos. Glad to hear you had such a nice visit.

    As for having a dog? I'm kind of with Al on this one as I really love having a pup around and life wouldn't be near as much fun without one - or two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picture of the two of you Gypsy. What a special time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome bundle of joy you are holding! I am so happy you are getting to spend some time with your grandones.

    We also said,no more dogs, when our Murphy died at almost 14 years,then a little bundle named Lexi needed a home and now she is the "Queen of the House",with a definite Queenly attitude. She has brought so much joy into our lives,can't imagine life without her!
    I hope you get your glasses soon,and they will give you back your reading joy.

    Maryann...drsmom22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Margie,what a precious bundle of joy..enjoy each moment with him.

    I am hoping your new glasses will give you back your reading enjoyment.

    Also,enjoy your time with Lady,and don't rule out another one,for they bring so much love into our lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never say never, because you just never know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful little baby boy. You look so compfortable with a baby in your arms. A perfect Grandma..

    ReplyDelete