Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 27, 2010

Three days of hell . . .

. . .before the temps go down to the lower 90's, if indeed they do. It is difficult to read other blogs from folks who are experiencing cool weather once again, but then Sacramento has had a mild summer, heat-wise. Fall is going to be a scorcher though.

I did very well with the 2# weights that I'll be using this week. Next week I'll put a 2# and a 1# together, and see if I want to go any higher. The 2's today were just enough to let me feel it.

I also did a few leg stretches, and decided to order a DVD that has AM stretch and PM stretch, with Madeline Lewis. I had the videos which are still in storage in Asheville, and I had thought about having them converted to CD. But not knowing how long it will be until I can get them and wanting to get started with them as soon as possible, I just ordered the DVD with both morning and evening stretch sessions. They are so good to do - nothing strenuous as you go at your own pace, and I felt terrific all day long when I used to start the day out with half an hour of stretching.

An extra reason to watch these programs is that they are filmed in the Canadian Rockies - Banff comes to mind, but I'm not sure exactly where. The exercises are demonstrated outdoors with the stunning backdrop of the mountains.

I don't think I'm going to lose all the wrinkles and crinkles as time has done a good job of letting me know how long I've been around. But I want to feel better, look just a bit better, and have a feeling of well-being that exercise usually brings. Wasn't there a Garth Brooks song that goes "I'm too young to feel so damn old"? Well, I am going to do something about that.

9 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Since we've become stationary I feel older for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw on the 6 o'clock news about your super hot temps down there. Says hottest ever in LA. No wonder you are describing them as hell. I would find it very difficult to live in a climate like that. Wished I had a ready fix solution for you Gypsy, but.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Gypsy. I am starting to feel like that as well. We are just sitting around waiting to head South. We will know if we are going to be able to on Thursday after JB's Doctor's appointment.

    Being from Alberta, Canada, I am used to a much cooler climate and would surely die in those temps.

    Take Care and keep up the good work

    Brenda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truth may not set you free, but a good exercise program just might. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! The hardest part is getting started, and you're doing it.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are going to be building up some real muscles there. I've been watching on the news and seeing how hot it is down there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you with the exercise routine. Since I lost 50 lbs. 5 1/2 years ago I have a lot of sags and bags and I know that I could exercise from now until doomsday and that won't tighten up. Ah well, it is what it is. We walk an hour ever day to just stay fit and I'm just going to let myself stay saggy and baggy. I figure getting the exercise and some strength training is most important. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think our weather has flip flopped. It has been hotter than hell here all summer, now it is cooler than normal. I feel better too, when we exercise. Just walking makes me feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw on the news yesterday that LA hit a record high yesterday, 112I think? Boy that is hot!

    We have been in one place since April and haven't done much in the way of exercise, except for all the cleaning work I do at the campground. We are going to buy those tension bands to use while we are on the road this winter, plus all the hiking that we do.

    Keep up the great work, you will feel the rewards of it.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete