Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rainy Saturday

It rained heavily during the night and it has been raining off and on all day today. I spent the morning with my son and his family, and now I think I'll take a nap. Sunny days ahead.

For the readers who have wondered why I'm not in chat lately, the aircard service is really bad. I don't know why that is - location, or whatever - but it will be a long month in New York if I don't get it to work; also, my computer is running
s - l - o w!

Someone told me that if you only use a computer for surfing the web and email, which is definitely 99% of my usage, you might as well not spend the money on a Mac. They feel that you can get a new computer with Windows 7 for a lot cheaper, and sure you have constant updates and security patches, but just deal with it. I really don't know what to do, but if I don't get a Mac I certainly need a new computer that isn't using old technology. My experience is that when you buy a computer offered at a really cheap price, they are selling you old stuff and you won't be happy with it for long. That has been my experience with both my Dell desktop and laptop. Any comments on that?

4 comments:

  1. DH and I would definitely recommend a Dell PC....but DON'T GET VISTA operating system. Take care...be safe! *Tricia*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding your decision between a Windows machine and a Mac, I have had both. Both will surf the internet and do email. I think the Mac is much easier to use especially for storing pictures and downloading them from your camera. Also, while we have a new MacBook we are also still using a Mac laptop that is 6 years old. I don't think your Windows machines will last that long without significant problems. So while the initial cash outlay may be more, I think down the road it will be about the same and without all the worries you get with a Windows machine. Good Luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what computer you should get, but I'm ordering a new Dell laptop for my wife on Oct. 22nd or as soon as Windows 7 is released on the new PC's. If I was to buy a new laptop for myself - it would also be a Dell with Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an HP Pavilion desktop PC with XP that I bought at Walmart almost 6 years ago and it still works great as my everyday computer! I know Mac's have a great reputation, but I just can't justify spending double or more as compared to a PC.

    ReplyDelete