Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another task or two out of the way

I have been debating whether or not to renew my passport, and today I sent the application off to Philadelphia, certified mail. I really hope to get to Alaska some day, whether driving or by plane, and I have been thinking more and more that I would like to drive into Mexico, even if alone.

Over the past couple of days I moved over 400 photos from my camera's memory card to a flash drive. It is too frustrating to bother with Picasa or iPhoto. Before I pack the desktop (and Windows XP) away, I used the Camera and Scanner Wizard, which I think is as easy and intuitive as I've found. I have a flash drive on which I created albums with titles that make sense to me, and don't need to bother with a computer program that recognizes faces, names events, or any of that bother. All my photos taken at Lassen are in an album entitled "Lassen", pictures taken of RVers I have met are in an album entitled "RVers Photos", etc., and it doesn't get any easier than that! Maybe I would feel differently if I liked to tweak the photos, but with mine "what you see is what I got".

Rain again off and on today, and before I started complaining about it I remembered the past few years of drought in North Carolina and how I longed to see a cloudy sky and rain.

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to have an updated passport. That way if you get the sudden urge to go into Canada or Mexico...you're all set.

    Sounds like you are having a great time using the new computer!

    Have a great day, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to get the passport.
    We're still in drought in NC.

    ReplyDelete