Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas today and best wishes for the holiday season.

Yesterday was sort of a laid back day for me. I spent the day at my daughter's house and even went to a mall with her to look for maternity clothes. I carried the hangars to the dressing room and the shopping bags out, which is about all I'm good for on shopping trips. She got some very nice clothes, and I was surprised that the mall wasn't packed with shoppers, nor were the streets gridlocked. That is unusual for the Sacramento area. We went to the Folsom Outlet Mall, and I will have to drag myself back soon to find some shoes, but I will put it off as long as I can.

My son in law made his signature enchiladas for our dinner, and a bit later my granddaughter drove me back to Steve's house since I shouldn't drive in the dark and it was raining fairly heavily. She will pick me up again today since I just left my truck there. I really don't get into the Christmas spirit any more but will try to put my holiday mood on today.

One thing I accomplished yesterday was to take a look at volunteer.gov and pick out several jobs I might be interested in. I sent about 4 emails to inquire, and I think I would especially be interested in Lassen Volcanic Park, which is about 100 miles north of Sacramento. I will definitely come back here about the middle of June and stay until Jeannie has the baby in early July. There are also a few positions open in Stanislaus River campgrounds which would be in the foothills to the Sierra, a bit south of here. It would be great if I could work out something with both parks stretching over the time I'm here. We will see, as it's early days.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you made it safely, Gypsy. Also nice to see a pic of your truck & rig on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great picture for the blog!! We sure do miss you in chat, you'll have to come in once in awhile. You're quite an inspiration to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking rig, I'll be watching for you going down the road.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy,

    I am so excited for you! It's nice to see that you're slowly mastering your new trailer, and traveling down the road.

    I'm so glad that Porter (from the Forum) was able to jump in and help you out. Just always remember to never let anyone "rush" you (either parking your trailer, or backing it up).

    Looks like you've managed to make it across a lot of states all by yourself. I've now bookmarked your BLOG (Wayne posted it on the NuWa Owners Forum), so I'll keep tabs on you from time to time.

    Congratulations... a belated Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you!

    -Gary Thurman-

    ReplyDelete