Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Roof repair

Even as I write this my roof is being repaired.  Mark arrived a few minutes before 10 am, just as he had promised.  The noise from whatever he's doing is so much more pronounced than if he was walking and working on a regular type roof rather than the metal.  I haven't ever been on the roof, but it doesn't seem to be very sturdy - I never liked walking about on the roof of my 5th wheel either.

It's ironic that I had originally planned to attend a reunion at Lassen Volcanic Nat'l. Park today, and then later decided I would go to a baby shower that is being held at Jeannie's house for her friend, Tracy.  I have always liked Tracy, and in fact her parents came to Ireland when I was living there and made sure to meet me there.   I'm sorry to have had to miss the shower, but my roof getting fixed is the most important thing to me right now.  

Maybe I should do a rain dance within the next few days and hope I get some rain before I go to NY.  I will ask my kids if one of them can be sure to go over and check things out if it rains while I'm gone.  Oh well, I just have to trust that everything will be ok.

I'm running low on groceries so I haven't been eating the most nutritious meals lately.  I'd like to get the fridge nearly empty so I can clean it thoroughly before I leave.   It's a job I hate and put off until the last possible moment!

With all the books I checked out at the library last week, I'm returning at least 4 of them without reading them.  I started on a couple of books and didn't like how they were going within the first few pages, and they aren't worth sticking through in hopes the story line will get better.  There are plenty more books I can check out.

I need to find a good book to take with me to read on the plane, plus a good crossword puzzle book to alternate with the reading material.   I'll have to go to Barnes & Noble to find a decent crossword book - I like the hard ones such as the Sunday NY Times puzzles.  My all time favorite puzzles were from the Saturday Observer newspaper which went out of print years ago.  The Saturday puzzle would last me all week as I would get a few answers each time I picked it up but always had a few blanks left by the time the new puzzle appeared.  That's the way I like them - always having a couple of answers I can't get.  And yes, I always do crosswords in ink!

I am about to explode right now.  I have an old man who lives next door who likes to talk to anyone he can catch.  I have never had anyone here to do anything that he doesn't come out and start running off at the mouth.  He's now telling my roofer what kind of coating he should be using.  I guess Mark can take care of himself, and I'm not paying him by the clock.

 Now the roof is finished and I am so relieved but I hated to see the money go from my savings account.

10 comments:

  1. I prefer Sudoku to crosswords. Of course, because I love numbers and math and such but can't spell worth a dang.

    Glad you got your roof done. A leaky roof can cause lots of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the first heavy rain, you will be so happy you had the roof done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Nothing worse than laying in bed at night and finding out the roof leaks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!! I'll sure be glad when the roof on the kid's house is fixed. (Our house but they live there.) The hail damage is really bad. Now you can go away and not worry about it. I am going to join you in that rain dance but mine will be for the rain to move on down to you. We've had rain for three days now. Supposed to move out of here tomorrow which is a good thing. I've reached the point where if a book doesn't grab my attention immediately, it doesn't get read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we moved into our mobile back in late 2002 the first thing we did was put on a new steel roof. Money well spent. It will be nice for you now not to have to worry about that roof any more. A big project behind you:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you treated yourself to some great delicious sweet to celebrate the roof being done. In 6 months you won't remember the money but you'll be glad every day that you don't have to worry about the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you can rest easy on your trip knowing the roof has been fixed. No matter where we live something always needs to be fixed.

    Hope you find some good puzzle books and good reading material too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you will have the roof fix behind you and can enjoy your trip.
    arlonHboozer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you will have the roof fix behind you and can enjoy your trip.
    arlonHboozer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can always make it rain with the water hose. LOL

    ReplyDelete