Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting my exercise

Yesterday at sundown I went out for my evening walk and hoped this time to extend it to a mile and a half or more.  I hadn't gone far when I saw a woman getting mail from her mailbox but her little dog evidently wasn't on a leash and took off.  She called to the puppy, who finally started to come back when she noticed me.  Of course, being a puppy she threw herself at my feet and rolled to expose her tummy for scratching.  While I was scratching her, and the lady was trying to get control of her collar, the little puppy peed on my hand!  I didn't say anything, the dog was picked up by her owner, and I went on my way making sure my hand didn't get near the rest of me.  You'd think in the dry heat it would have air dried pretty fast, but I swear it was still damp when I got home.  Being my right hand I had to open the door with my left, and turn on the faucet at the sink left-handed, but finally got my hands washed.  I will try to extend my walk tonight and be careful if I stop to pet a dog!

It was back to Lowe's today to see if I could successfully buy 3 bags of rocks.  First I got a cart and went back to where they were to make sure what I wanted was available.  This time they were stacked on a lower shelf and I didn't need to reach overhead.  I got the first bag on the flatbed cart when a lady who was watering plants came over and got the next two bags.  When I approached the cashier she gave me a stern look and said "Don't do that again!  Ask for assistance."  When I drove my car up she was waiting to load it into the back.  I just now unloaded it, and since there were only 3 bags I was able to back into the driveway and carry one at a time the short distance to the back yard.  This whole thing is so stupid - no one looks in my back yard so what is the big deal?  But my thanks go out to the ladies at Lowe's!

After getting the blood test results showing my liver function is excellent, today I have two very jaundiced eyes.  Over the weekend and in the heat I probably drank 2 to 3 times my normal intake of beer, but that seems awfully drastic a result.  I'll wait and see what it looks like tomorrow, and I'm going to teetotal it this evening.


6 comments:

  1. I love your new profile pic. Lovely.

    And Lowes is pretty darn helpful here too. Nice they still believe in customer service.

    And who cares if no one else sees your backyard? If it makes YOU happy that is the best thing in the world. Enjoy. [Just don't overdo]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly find Lowe's to be quite helpful. I now know not the scratch the belly of puppies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll still pet puppy bellies pee or no pee. Who could resist. Love your new picture. Glad to hear about some good customer service for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband Joe has been getting his small red rock from a local sand and gravel place. $3.00 for a 50lb bag. So far he has spread 200 lbs.
    I'm in the process of having liver studies done as my lever enzymes have been steadily rising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaa puppy bellies ... oh, me... I don't think I like the new picture... did you ask my opinion? Hahaaa

    As I'm progressing with this house... I am just doing stuff that makes me peaceful ~ got estimates for a new bath yesterday .. $14,500

    gonna pass

    I'll get some contact paper.. they still make that stuff... ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puppy story made me laugh. You got him so excited he peed his pants. Oppps I mean your hand. Glad to hear your liver is A-OK unless you ruined it with the beer. LOL

    ReplyDelete