Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Down to the wire

Tomorrow morning I will go to my new apartment complex and commit myself to trying it out for one year. I don't think I'll have any problems with the trial period, because I can always take a trip somewhere and then come back. What I can't do is workamp for 2 or 3 months at a time rent free.

Now that I'm so close to moving I am scared to death and nearly sick with worry, not about the decision to move, but whether I will ever be able to accomplish transferring everything from the RV. There is no room to park the RV at the apartment so that is out. I'm also worried about storage, that I won't have enough of it. The kitchen will be more than adequate but not sure about the rest. I'd like to sit down and cry, but then my eyes would get all red and it wouldn't accomplish a thing anyway.

Today while at Jeannie's house I helped Autumn draw a hopscotch out in the driveway and then showed her how the game is played. Of course she beat me 8 times, which says a lot about my stamina. Actually I quit after 2 games. Jeanne is off work today because of the holiday in California honoring Cesar Chavez. I remember how he led the strikes and boycotts back in the 70's (if my memory is correct) to try to get better working conditions for the migrant farm workers. We boycotted lettuce from California and the workers were finally given minimum standards of working conditions

Depending on how much I accomplish tomorrow I might not post until the day after. To be truthful, right now this minute, if I had it to do over again I'd still be living in North Carolina. Of course no one can "do it all over again", so we have to make the best of what we have and learn the lessons from it. There are always lessons. I'm not saying I would trade anything for the experiences I've had and the people I've met, but I'm not liking the stress I'm under right now. I recently realized I don't do anything except under stress!

8 comments:

  1. I still think you are worrying way too much about this move. I mean, does everything have to be moved out of the 5'er on moving day? So what if you, or someone else, had to make several smaller trips to move everything. Plan on taking a week to get it done and that way, there's not as much pressure. Or, maybe, I just don't know what I'm talking about - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of ya along with a bunch of other people. The move doesn't have to be done in a certain time frame unless you sell the RV in the next few days. Take what you need and do it slowly. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In AA we always had a slogan..."one day at a time." You might slightly re-word it a bit to say, "one pot at a time." That AA slogan worked for me & your new "one pot at a time" slogan will also work for you........:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathe, remember to breathe. I think you might be "awful-izing" the move process, it WILL all work out. It doesn't all have to be done in two hours ,... maybe not even two days. Wish I could be there to carry some boxes for you! Take a deep breath and enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy - I understand stress when it comes to moving day. The only time Jim and I ever really got on each other's nerves was when we moved because I was so uptight about it. And every time it worked out just fine but every time I still freaked out. Just the way I am.

    So I agree with the others - breath and take it easy. Don't think you have to do it all in one day. Move the boxes in and then take your time putting stuff away. If you can't find a place for it - put it in a box for now and worry about it the next week.

    Good luck. Wish I could be there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gypsy remember that the stress is what keeps us alive. No Stress, No Life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a strong woman, I am sure you can handle this just like all the other dozens of adventures you did in the last few weeks!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are feeling just a little overwhelmed these days....take a deep breath and r-e-l-a-x. Just take the important stuff and the rest can come later....you can do this!

    ReplyDelete