Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meeting another Solo RVer

I met today with Kathy, a woman who began RVing about the same time I did. We have had many similar experiences, and it was great to get together with her and talk non-stop for about 4 hours. Kathy is visiting her daughter in the Napa Valley, and drove up to Sacramento, which I greatly appreciated since I'm trying to avoid much driving for the next few weeks, especially in areas I'm not familiar with. Would you believe I forgot to bring my camera along? We'll just have to take pictures the next time we meet.


By the way, Kathy tows a big Titanium 5th wheel but has learned to do many of the things I still find inimidating, such as backing up the rig, hitching and unhitching, etc. I am so happy to meet a woman who can do these things and do them easily and well. I know there are quite a few of us out there who travel alone, and it is an inspiration to meet one of them in person. Thanks for the day, Kathy.

Other than that I have moved a few items in my 5ver from one space to another. My son has some boxes that I will pick up tomorrow, and then I can start packing in earnest. I am anxious to get moved in although I will just take my time and try not to get too exhausted. I don't have to get everything done in one day as I have will have another 3 days to be parked at Cal Expo, and then will have to move into a storage that is convenient for Steve to work on getting it ready to sell.

It has rained on and off today, and it's surprising to hear the sound of rain on the roof after so many clear sunny days.

7 comments:

  1. Gypsy: Glad your life is settling into the rhythm you want and nice to hear of your visit with Kathy. I meant to tell you that we saw "the ghost of Gypsy" two weeks ago when we drove out to Ft Pulaski while we were in Savannah. We didn't get to the Fort until 4:30pm, so we drove around, walked a little and got a little taste of the place. We enjoyed Savannah, but again, didn't get to see all that it has to offer, so both Savannah and Fort P are on our "visit again" list. We stayed at Skidaway State Park which was a great place. Hope the eye surgery goes well and please continue to blog!
    Dione from the NuWay forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only made one trip to the southwest in our truck & 5th wheel & that was enough of that for us. Couldn't get rid of that concept fast enough when we got home & have never regretted the decision to switch to a motorhome. You might be very comfortible in a small Class C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know Kathy! She parked next to us when we stayed at Napa Skyline Park last fall! I thought of YOU when we met her, and I'm so glad you two met each other.

    We're moving to Skidaway Island SP near Savannah today, and hope we'll get out to Ft. Pulaksi (following in Dione's foot steps - or would that be tire tracks?)

    We're glad to read that everything is going your way in Sacramento, Gypsy. Life changes - and it is a GOOD thing when you are the one making the decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be sad to empty out your little rolling home. I know it's something I'm not looking forward to although I am looking forward to my house!

    Good luck to you and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Gypsy and glad you are getting set and ready to move into your new place. Nice to meet up with fellow RVers too.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great visit with Kathy and I'm sure you had a lot of common stories to share. Won't be long now until your sitting in your living room with no vents, no water pumps, no foot pedals and no propane! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy, does Kathy have a website? I'm always interested in how you "single" women handle this life style. Cause if I ever get the chance to do it I will be a single traveler too.

    Donna Daniel

    ReplyDelete