Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nothing accomplished today

I took Lady for a walk and then climbed back in bed for a couple of hours. Other than doing my laundry I have absolutely nothing to show for my day. I had intended to get the pre-op lab work and EKG done this morning as the lab is fairly close to this park, but decided I will go tomorrow. I have three weeks until surgery, and just one week until move-in to my apartment.

The only thing I am concerned about in the small apartment is storage space. While I have ranted and raved about the overheads in the 5th wheel, they hold a surprising amount of junk out of sight. Now I don't know what I will do with it all, plus the stuff under the bed.

I'm trying to decide what I'll do about computer(s). Since I won't have a room to devote to an office, I will probably just use my laptop and the Brother B&W Laser printer. I am going to give away the HP. I will take another look at a Lexmark because that was my favorite and easiest to use printer for scanning, copying and printing. Unfortunately when any mfr comes out with a new model they add things and capabilities to it that aren't needed, certainly not by me. If anyone knows of a simple printer that can scan and copy, no fax pad or phone receiver wanted - I'd sure love to know about it.

I feel so good about my life right now that it sometimes scares me. I'm facing a change in lifestyle (and slowdown), and eye surgery. When I go to NY I am going to see a surgeon about my hand, which is getting worse. I hate to think of having surgery on my right hand thereby losing the use of it for a while, but I will try to be open to what can be done for me. Unfortunately, if they tell me to quit using a computer I will just suffer a while longer.

Actually the slowdown in the pace of life worries me a little bit. I have always been a "goer" and a "doer" - can't stay idle for long, although sometimes I yearn for the ability to just be idle for a while. I'm already thinking about volunteering with Friends of the Library, just something I will keep in mind for when I need to be busy. I'm sure other opportunities will come along, although I'm not going to do anything I'm not enthusiastic about. Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt!

If I don't fix my supper now I will end up skipping it. I hope having plenty of room to cook will be an incentive for me to do more of it.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you took the time to just smell the roses. We all need to do that more.

    Rojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "can't stay idle for long,"
    I can identify with you on that one Gypsy. That idleness stuff is not a good thing for many of us folks. For me it's called....boredom!! Not a good thing to have but it follows me constantly:((
    Also know what you mean by manufacturers always wrecking up good things by making them worser!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Kodak - its easy and simple --ink is not as expensicve as other ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're doing well and feeling great! Paulette and I both use Epson Workforce printers at home and find them simple and easy to use - they are usually around a $100.

    Paulette's model is a print, copy and scan just like you wanted. Mine also has a FAX function which you didn't want.

    I'm sure any computer store would have both models of the Epson Workforce available as they are very popular and do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home, and the furnishings that you get.

    If you buy a used printer, make sure that it is a 'refurbished' one. They will usually last as long as a new one.

    I am so glad that you are getting your eyes fixed, that will make a big difference.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete