Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another item taken care of

I found a mattress and springs today and they will be delivered late afternoon on my move-in day. This set felt better than any I had previously tried out, so it didn't take me long to make up my mind. There are many, many stores that sell bedding here in Sacramento but I'm not one to have to check every single one out in order to decide. I like it, it feels good, and now I own it!

The owner of the mattress store recommended a good place to look for a recliner, so that will be one of the next things I'll look for. Then I'll be all set for furniture, except maybe a small bedside table or stand, plus something for the patio. Tomorrow I definitely have to find a place to store the RV where Steve can work on it, so I will be off first thing in the morning to look at a couple of RV/Boat storage lots.

The logistics of moving day is something I just can't wrap my mind around at this time, so I hope the kids can take up the slack. I have always been good at this, having moved on my own lots of times. Something seems different now, and every time I plan and follow a scenario in my mind, I run up against obstacles, but-what-ifs, etc.

In 1997 I had never driven a truck in my life, and the family loaded up my mom's furniture in a 24' U-Haul, hooked a tow dolly on the back with her little Toyota, and I set off, alone, from Sacramento to Springfield, Virginia with it. I don't know how I did it then (although I'm sure I could easily do it today), but I remember Mom being unable to take part in any of the planning or execution of it. She was 7 years older then than I am today, so probably in 7 years I couldn't consider it either. But now I think I need to snap out of my worry and indecision about my own upcoming move, and just deal with it. What I want is to click my ruby slippers three times and have my fairy godmother zap everything into place!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you got the mattress, one more problem down for you. It's great following your new setup. Thanks for posting, it means a lot to us. You'll have help with the move, relax, you're doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gypsy, what are you worried about? Your bed is arriving the afternoon you move into your new apartment, so what else do you need for that day anyway! You'll have plenty of time to get everything done, it doesn't have to be finished the day you move in, right? You are doing great from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bed to sleep in...a chair to relax in...who needs anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be FINE, Gypsy,.... just FINE. Take a deep breath and enjoy the move. It will be fun settling your hew home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much coming together all at once for you, Gypsy. Glad it is going good. Can you pull up the fifth wheel right to the door of your new apartment and just unload that way? Hope you find a way to make it easy for you.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete