Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shopping around

I went to have the pre-op bloodwork and EKG this morning, and afterward treated myself to breakfast at La Bou (La Petit Boulangerie). Two wonderful croissants, one with raspberry filling and one plain, with coffee. I really like my coffee better, but at least I didn't have to do a thing (or clean up a thing) except pay for it.

I decided to go shopping for things I will need in my apartment. I found quite a few things but put them all back on the shelf. I guess I just wasn't in a shopping mood today, and most of the stuff I can get after I move in, when I won't have to carry it twice. I doesn't make sense to load up my 5th wheel to have to unload it.

I forgot to mention the most interesting feature of Fair Oaks Village. They have a large flock of free ranging chickens and roosters wandering all over the village. You have to be careful when driving. I don't know who they belong to, but they've been there for years that I'm aware of, so maybe they are descendents from the original farm. They sure have free rein in Fair Oaks. When I went over on Monday morning with my social security card, I came across a bunch of them in the middle of the road, right smack in downtown Fair Oaks Village! It's a nice touch, I think, and I wonder if someone sells their free-range eggs. I'll have to try to get a photo of them one of these days.

I don't know why but I can't seem to hold an internet connection for more than a few minutes. I'm sure I've rebooted 15 times today so far. To say I'm annoyed would be the understatement of the year.

5 comments:

  1. If I saw a rooster in my neighborhood I'd be long gone!! We had those in Indonesia and they woke me up every night several times. I sure hope that you will still like those after living there. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be about half a mile away from the area they usually roam in, so I'm not worried. I'd rather hear roosters than trains or trucks, or boom boxes, but nothing keeps me from going to sleep. Even if something wakes me up I usually have no problem falling back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the roosters won't bother you. It would be a shame because your apartment sounds very nice. I bet you can hardly wait to move in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be so neat planning and getting new stuff for the apt. I hope you can get back to Asheville to get the rest of the stuff. I think you still have boxes there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are all set for an April 1 move date,... it must be a terrific relief. Some of those plastic drawer units at Walmart or wherever might be good for storage. Or,.. a tall cupboard,... the kind you put together. Looking forward to seeing pics of the place when you get moved in. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete