Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Found!

I took one more look into a box of file folders stored under the bed, and about the time I was halfway through the folders and deciding there was no use to go through any more, I found the social security card. The folders came from file cabinets that I had on either side of my computer desk and hutch, and I was at my most organized when I had that furniture because there was space for everything. Those days are long gone. The card was in a folder marked "Personal", along with my NC voter's registration card. I will enjoy going through that box when I move because I saw a lot of paper I can shred and throw away. I also found an old NC drivers license (for some reason I had a duplicate, probably from ordering a new one online due to change of address.) I think I will keep it as I have long hair in the picture, and there aren't many photos around of me with long hair!

I've been asked by several people what type of RV I will be looking for. At this point I am completely open to anything small and easy to handle, and of course, affordable. I will wait until I sell the 5ver before I start looking seriously. I see a few small RV's here at Cal Expo, hiding among the huge Class A's and 5th wheels. One that I thought looked ideal was a Dutchmens travel trailer, probably one of their smaller models. I looked on line but got tired of wading through all the 2010's for sale.

I should be able to find something just perfect for me, as I will only be looking for temporary travel and camping quarters, not full time living. I don't have any regrets at the thought of leaving the full time lifestyle, as I remain convinced it is more easy and probably way more fun with a partner to share the joys as well as the work. The main thing I will miss is the workamping. I truly enjoyed it and am so glad I had the opportunity to serve.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy -- I've been following your blog for several months now but this is my first time leaving a comment.
    I wanted to send along my 'congratulations' to you on finding such a perfect place to set up housekeeping once again. The frosting on the cake is that you're near your wonderful family! You and I started full time rving around the same time and I can REALLY identify with many of the experiences that you have written about along the way. I'm visiting with one of my daughters here in northern CA and would love to drive up to meet you before you get too busy with packing and moving into your new 'digs' and before I leave the area. Drop me a note and let's see if we can do this. I'll be in the area for another 7 - 10 days or so (plans are VERY fluid right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everything is going to work out and fall into place in spite of your worrying, Gypsy!! I bet by this time next week everything will be resolved and you'll be all set to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage! Sure hope you keep the blog going!

    Donna Daniel - Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy, I'm glad you are settling down, I knew you would be happier. I don't even consider full time in my camper as I know I'm a "home-body" who loves my little nest. I look forward to the pics,.. and "welcome home!"

    ReplyDelete