Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skateboarding

Nah, not me. My one and only attempt at skateboarding was back in the late 1970's. I was aboard no more than 10 seconds when something happened that I could never remember, but it put a terrible gash in my knee that took weeks to heal. This evening I arrived at Mather Field a bit early and enjoyed watching the skateboarders. What a great thing to devote the space to all the ramps and half pipes and whatever they are called. My youngest son was really good at it as an early teen, but everyone was so busy putting up "No Skateboarding" signs and they didn't really worry about providing a place for kids to have fun. It was so enjoyable to watch all the young people this evening. It is a sport that takes skill, balance, style, and grace.

I love walking for an hour with Jeannie, and appreciate the chance to have long conversations with her, including using her as a sounding board about what I want to do when I grow up. No decisions yet.

6 comments:

  1. Have to careful not mix up your sounding board with your skate board. Could result in a delay to that forever humanly trait we all have of growing up you know:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONT grow up !! It is highly over rated and stiffles the wonderment at those things of beuty around us.

    the hermit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan to stick to walking and leave the skateboards to the kids - their broken bones will heal a lot quicker than ours ever would! Your daily walk sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more about the skateboarding parks. They finally built one up here in the Olympia, WA area and it goes well used by a lot of young people.

    OK, Peter Pan...we'll be waiting for word on your future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily I never even tried the skateboards. I hope you find what you are looking for soon so you will be able to move on. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the most enjoyable, fun and entertaining activities that anyone can participate in is skateboarding.

    ReplyDelete