Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chico, Chico, Chico

I left home about 9:00 am and drove the 20 miles to Chico, picked up my reading glasses, visited the Walmart, and got my Avon Skin So Soft with Bug Guard. I am ready for the mosquitos and other flying pests!

There has been a misty rain all day long, and it hasn't abated yet. I left for Sacramento this afternoon, and the visibility wasn't very good - add the misty rain/fog to the spray that the trucks kick up from the road - and it wasn't the most pleasant drive. I got to Sacramento at Friday afternoon rush hour, but the delay wasn't all that bad. I've had a nice relaxing evening with Jeannie, Donald and Autumn, and a superb meal, and I look forward to the family gathering tomorrow afternoon. We need the rain so badly that I'm not complaining about it - in fact, I hope we have gentle rains for a straight week.

The reading glasses are 100% improvement over the cheap drug store glasses I was using. I think I made a mistake not getting the bifocal version, or at least a separate pair of glasses to use when driving. I think the vision in my left "good" eye is going to deteriorate, and I just hope it holds out until I get back to Sacramento next March. I have a copy of the prescription though, and can always have a pair made with just the distance correction. It has been so wonderful not having to wear glasses at all, and I hate to go back to it.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you have to go back to glasses, but at least you can see to stay fulltime. We miss you in chat, hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy:

    I understand that you were wondering what I put in my wild rice soup. I used chicken, bacon, chicken broth, wild & long grain Uncle Ben's, onions, fresh garlic, carrots, celery, lots of cracked pepper, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup and sliced mushrooms. We like our wild rice soup thicker so I made a flour paste and stired it into the soup until it became the thickness we like. It really turned out good. I wish I could give you a more exact recipe, but I just throw stuff together until I like the taste. Bob & I love to cook and we love to eat so I always make huge batches of my soups so we can freeze and have at the ready. I hope we get to meet you someday. When we follow certain blogs on a regular basis it's almost like we really know these people. We are so looking forward to the day that we can full time it. Bob & I are born travelers and make an adventure even out of driving into town. Bob just finished grillin' pork chops so I better run. Keep your blog going we really do enjoy it. Sue

    ReplyDelete