Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to Chico

My new glasses are in so I will drive back to Chico early tomorrow morning. I'm not nearly as excited to be going as I was this time last week. I need to stop at the Walmart this time to pick up some odds and ends that I will need this summer since it occurs to me that I probably won't be in the vicinity of a Walmart again until September. The thing I like most about Chico is the name: Chico Chico Chico!

I think I will drive to Sacramento this Saturday and return Sunday morning. My sister from Florida is visiting her in-laws in Selma, CA, and will be in Sacramento for the weekend. It is a good opportunity to be with everyone and I think my kids will all be there too. Julie was 12 years old when my oldest son was born, and she has been like a second mom to all of them ever since. Every time I was in the hospital having another baby Julie would stay with the ones at home. She says that I let her have a taste of scotch now and then, and I think she smoked a cigarette or two as well (probably not at age 12, but maybe 14, 16, or 18). I realize now what a bad example I set for her, but then was then and now is now. I'd probably do it all over again the same way!

I thought about doing some more rig cleaning today, but stepped out to a chilly breeze so I came right back inside. For some reason I'm cold to begin with today. So I'm in my rig, listening to bluegrass music, and making plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment