Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

View from the top

I climbed the ladder to the roof of my 5ver a little while ago. I had climbed it a couple of other times, but never actually stood on the roof. Very interesting. I took a broom with me, but with all the stuff coming from the tree overhead I will have to sweep everything tomorrow before pulling in the slides. The roof sure is dirty and I'm going to have to do something about that before long. I should just bite the bullet and come up with $400+ and have it done from stem to stern. Maybe if I don't buy any food for a while.....

I did laundry today and put clean sheets on the bed, so just in case my daughter in law wants to sleep in it over the weekend, I'm going to throw an old sheet on the couch and sleep there the next couple of nights. I may just vacuum the bedroom and then close it off so the dogs can't get into it, but I will run into the door during the middle of the night for sure, so maybe I won't do that.

I tried to close the awning and darn if I can figure out how it works. I just knew that would happen. I have a call in to Steve to see if he can remember what I need to do.

I'm going to clean out the fridge this evening so I decided a throw together meal is in order. I have a bunch of kale, one spicy bratwurst sausage which I sliced, and 3 potatos, cubed. They are cooking as I write this and the aroma is delightful! A little squirt of my heavenly olive oil (the expensive stuff I bought in Corning), and that will be my supper tonight. I have two different bottles of oil I bought at the Olive Pit, so I plan to get a baguette or french rolls and cut them up into cubes, and pour the oils into bowls. Nice appetizer for Friday evening. I could make a meal on that kind of thing (I already had a sample this afternoon!). That is one nice thing about the single life - if I had a man around I'd have to fix more substantial food, and definitely no more meals of chips, salsa & cheese! I don't do that very often, but it's nice to do it if I don't feel like cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, baguettes and dipping oil, yum! If you ever find a "Le Gourmet Chef" store in one of the ubiquitous outlet malls, look for their garlic dipping oil and four-sided jar of mixed spices. Sprinkle the spices into the oil, dip your hot multi-grain baguette (after all, we're trying to eat healthy, right?) and there's your meal for the evening. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete