Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend update

Sunday evening and at 9:00 pm I'm still in Sacramento. This morning we talked about driving over to West Sac to the Ikea store so I could see a screen tent that Donald & Jeannie thought I might like. I've been looking for one to use at Lassen, and haven't been able to find anything I might feel comfortable setting up (and taking down) by myself. Most require two people for easy setup. The West Sac store was sold out of this item, but told us they were available in Emeryville, just outside of San Francisco. So we decided to drive down to the Bay area, with the idea that I would still be back in time to drive home to Orland. I bought the unit at Emeryville Ikea, an umbrella with a screen all around it; the umbrella stand and pole sit outside the "circle", so the entire space inside the net and under the umbrella is usable space.

By the time we were on our way back I knew I was getting tired, so I decided to stay here another night. The great thing about being an RVer, and a fulltimer at that, is the flexibility you have. I had no urgent reason for getting back today, and tomorrow will do just as well.

I went to the Safeway gas station this evening where they have a pretty good price on diesel fuel. I noticed a very low front tire on the truck, and put air into it although I don't think I came near to the prescribed amount. I've decided to drive to a nearby Les Schwab first thing in the morning and ask them to check the tire and add air. The seller told me back in November that she had put two new tires on the front, and they still have very good tread. I just hope I don't have to buy more tires than the four I will have to put on the 5ver this month. Dreams of Alaska next summer might fade very fast depending on the amount I have to spend on repairs, maintenance and new tires.

I have had a wonderful weekend with family, and my two little granddaughters have given me such joy. I'm glad I made this trip. I will have pictures to post when I get back home to my desktop.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your visit.
    We are missing you in chat..Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gypsy. You were in our neighborhood! (And we were heading south to Pismo.) Sounds like you made a great find in Emeryville and had a wonderful weekend. Good for you! - Natasha

    ReplyDelete