Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 22, 2009

Ready to roll

I was going to hitch up this evening but decided I will do it in the morning. I have been working hard all day and decided I'd like to have a cool one this evening and save the hitching up for the morning, which is my best time of day anyway. I will only have to close the windows and make sure that there is nothing that can fly around the rig while in transit and cause damage. I bought a couple of bags of ice this afternoon and they are in a cooler - hope they haven't completely melted by morning. I want to add at least one bag of ice to the black water tank as the sensors are completely haywire. I definitely have a problem with that tank and don't know exactly what I should do before I leave for Lassen. I really love living in an RV and being able to move when I want to, but it is an absolute nightmare having to do everything alone with no one to discuss it with. If there is one thing I am not dealing well with, it is that issue of not knowing what to do and having no one to talk to about it or share the knowledge with. I will survive though, and will not let something like this force me to change my lifestyle. I'm enjoying my lifestyle in every other way mostly, and after all, it is my choice. But I can complain a little bit.

I am so excited about getting together with family this weekend. Jeannie has started the twice a week monitoring (@ several hours each visit). So far she has been able to drive herself, but I came to CA a few weeks before Autumn was born and was able to drive her to the appointments since she couldn't drive herself by then. I am committed to the job at Lassen but I really wish I could be here for Jeannie as well. I hate having to make that kind of a decision. Sarah has never been inside the 5th wheel with the slides out, although she saw it when we were at my brother, Rob's house in Livermore just before Christmas. And Amy's husband, John - my brother in law hasn't seen it all all, so I'm ready to show off a bit.

I may not post while on my camping trip, so I hope all my US readers have a very good Memorial Day weekend, and I wish the Canadians a good weekend as well.

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time with your family! Hope the ice does the trick. Travel safe! Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, have fun. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used that bag of ice trick once & it worked well. Yes, it's definitely better having someone to talk things over with & the old saying about 2 heads being better than one is so true. Safe motoring & enjoy your family time..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel free to contact me with any questions about the systems on your rig. We have an 06 Montana 5th wheel. Most systems are the same. As far as your tank monitors, they will never work correctly. Even if the ice cubes help it will only be temporarily. I am sure living alone if would take 3-4 weeks for you to fill the black tank. Can't say for sure about the gray, that depends on your usage. Jesse jrhaman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are having a great time on your family weekend of camping. I just got home from camping myself. Don't sell yourself short,.. you are doing a great job of doing things on your own. Hope we meet someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something that worked for us was putting a couple of capsful of Calgon (liquid) water softener in the black water tank when it was partially full and then driving to the next campground. That allows the water to slosh and the water softener to work on the "crud" that's attached to the walls. Works on the gray water tanks too. Look for it in the laundry detergent section of the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete