Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Arranging for new tires

I visited the Les Schwab in Orland this afternoon to get an estimate for four new tires for the RV, and to make arrangements to have them put on the 22nd of May, just before driving out to the lake for our camping weekend. The amount quoted is just about exactly the amount I have saved towards the cost for them so I can't cry over it, although I wish I could spend it on some other RV-related item. When I got home I remembered that I wanted to get an estimate on hooking up the Pressure Pro system. It completely slipped my mind while I was there. The PP is the very first thing I bought after selling the house and buying the rig, and it is still waiting in the box to be taken out and used. The people at the Les Schwab store where I bought the duallies said they didn't install the Pressure Pro, but maybe this store will. They have a special area to work on RV's and large trucks, so I'm just hoping they have more call to do something like that.

It is still very windy here and beginning to warm up considerably. The weather is predicted to be in the upper 80's before long. I wish there was a place that stayed in the 60-70 degree range year around!

I am using every excuse I can come up with to keep from starting to organize the kitchen cabinets and those of the overheads. I have a good idea where everything is, but it could be much more neatly arranged. I am avoiding just about every job that needs doing, and if I had a TV I would probably have spent the day watching infomercials!

2 comments:

  1. The Pressure Pro is dead easy to install. Just follow the directions and it will all work out. I'm betting you will be able to do it yourself, you have done a lot harder things since I started reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy, don't worry about the Pressure Pro -it is really easy to install, but you do want another person to help you. Take the stuff with you on your camping trip - you and your son can do the job in no time.

    Nothing needs to be installed - the monitor just plugs into your cigarette lighter in the truck, the sensors screw on to the tire valve stems. Doing this on your camping trip will be perfect timing - your new RV tires will be perfectly aired up. Have Schwab air up the truck tires, too.

    Next day, when the temperature gets to 70 degrees, you can do the programming of the PP in about 5 minutes. Very simple. Then you can have one of your campers drive you around in the truck while you play with the monitor. Easy, really! :)

    ReplyDelete